British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Swindon - Monday 20 May

It's been confirmed by Swindon that Jason Doyle will be back in the team for this one.

19 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Unless you mean he is doing practice tomorrow- he is not riding elsewhere tomorrow

Yep got mixed up with Wroclaw meetings.

Another Jason, Jason Crump will also be at Belle Vue on Monday!

• Like 1

Yes. Jason will be star guest on Monday and hopefully if I heard right will be having a spin. Going to be pretty special seeing Jason round the NSS. worth the admission money on it's own 

Should be an entertaining meeting with Doyle and Batchelor, who do well at the NSS, Ellis can score a few points and the two Poles should also find it to their liking.

I

Our reserves are stronger, and we will at least match the Robins at heat leader and second string level. I feel optimistic, 50-40.

Museliak just taken a fall. Holding his collarbone after coming down on his shoulder. Being checked by doctors. Hopefully not serious.

Withdrawn from meeting. (Not used heats 14 or 15) Might just be precautionary as his team have been beaten.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

2nd half of the meeting was excellent with some great racing.

For Swindon, I thought they did well and would comfortably took a point with Toby potentially a win as well. If they could find a scoring replacement for Shanes they would breeze the league but they are top heavy so that will be tough. Even still, a good team.

For bv Wells was poor again and whilst early I think we need to put the feelers out for a replacement because he just ain’t doing it. Again a mini collapse mid meeting after an 8 point lead, we should be kicking on but Swindon pulled it back to within 2, granted after a Doyle sub.

If bv don’t make changes Swindon will win here in the 2nd fixture imo

My long awaited first visit to the NSS tonight, and to be honest I was somewhat disappointed with the racing - perhaps because my expectation was quite high.

The outside line didn't really seem to be working, with the quickest line generally being on the inside. Indeed, most of the passing was riders going past anyone who moved off the line.

The racing was fast and close in the main, and I enjoyed the view from the South stand. You are certainly close to the action.

Two or three good races, and I certainly want to visit again. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

My long awaited first visit to the NSS tonight, and to be honest I was somewhat disappointed with the racing - perhaps because my expectation was quite high.

The outside line didn't really seem to be working, with the quickest line generally being on the inside. Indeed, most of the passing was riders going past anyone who moved off the line.

The racing was fast and close in the main, and I enjoyed the view from the South stand. You are certainly close to the action.

Two or three good races, and I certainly want to visit again. 

The very wide outside line by fence hasn't been working so well this year, it has been noticed that the track is being graded differenty this year with the dirt being brought down from the outside presumably at the request of riders/management.

The racing got a lot better as the meeting went on, plenty of passing from heat 10 onwards, heat 10 was great race between Ellis and Fricke and again Ellis was involved in heat 12 with Lidsey which was fantastic. Heat 15 had 2 races in one between Fricke & Doyle and Bjerre & Batchelor, it wasn't about the inside, far from it, plenty of times we were shouting that riders weren't ride wide enough and being passed.

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The very wide outside line by fence hasn't been working so well this year, it has been noticed that the track is being graded differenty this year with the dirt being brought down from the outside presumably at the request of riders/management.

The racing got a lot better as the meeting went on, plenty of passing from heat 10 onwards, heat 10 was great race between Ellis and Fricke and again Ellis was involved in heat 12 with Lidsey which was fantastic. Heat 15 had 2 races in one between Fricke & Doyle and Bjerre & Batchelor, it wasn't about the inside, far from it, plenty of times we were shouting that riders weren't ride wide enough and being passed.

Rob, difficult for me to make a judgement as it was my first time. However, my view tonight was any rider who moved wide lost ground.

I agree that heats 10, 12 and 15 were good and I shall certainly be visiting again when I am in the area.

Interesting what you say about the wide line and changes.

How did the attendance tonight compare to other meetings? 

Edited by Sir Sidney