British Speedway Forum

Brandon Update

Just now, iainb said:

I don't know who's called Sport England as a witness the Brandon Estates I assume!

Now trying to claim there's no reason Coventry couldn't co-exist at Leicester. The trouble is we're a unique motorsport being team based. 

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Phil Morris quoted Chris Louis that they had over 3000 for their ko Cup tie! And that Mondays rained off BV meeting had the largest advance sales ever.

Trouble is none of that's appeared in any of the official paperwork. No good relying on figures that aren't provided in official evidence. 

I really hope this isn't Dudley Wood repeating itself all over again.

At some point in their lives I hope these developers realise their money won't stop them from avoiding disease and they certainly cant take their money with them after recking so many communities.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1

It's all so secretive. We've no TV money or viewing figures, no attendance figures, no reliable model examples. Nobody has done any detailed work comparing Coventry to Oxford, or any other location despite trying to use that as a baseline. I mean what have any of them been doing? If you listen to some of the earlier exchanges re the planning it's not a done deal, but this really isn't helping speedway as a viable cause. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

It's all so secretive. We've no TV money or viewing figures, no attendance figures, no reliable model examples. Nobody has done any detailed work comparing Coventry to Oxford, or any other location despite trying to use that as a baseline. I mean what have any of them been doing? If you listen to some of the earlier exchanges re the planning it's not a done deal, but this really isn't helping speedway as a viable cause. 

It's clear Sport England haven't, so I don't even know they've been called unless it's by the "opposition". Hopefully some more informed witnesses will be called.

He was doing okay until Matt Ford walked into the room :D

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It's clear Sport England haven't, so I don't even know they've been called unless it's by the "opposition". Hopefully some more informed witnesses will be called

See them referencing the KKP study for pitches needed, there's no rebuttal because they've done no work. Equally for Speedway nobody seems to have undertaken any figures to support. No wonder he's getting flustered. I hope SCS or someone has some figures or they're going to be royally rogered. 

If the Gentleman from Sport England has been called as an Expert Witness, then the campaign have wasted their money. Poorly prepared and clearly uncomfortable answering many direct questions. I just hope Matt Ford has time today to speak. 

• Like 1

Well going by what I’ve just seen in the last 45 minutes Brandon is lost that bloke has to be the most un prepared for the job in hand as I’ve ever seen totally uncomfortably in what he was supposed to be doing - on what I’ve just witnessed all is lost 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJA said:

If the Gentleman from Sport England has been called as an Expert Witness, then the campaign have wasted their money. Poorly prepared and clearly uncomfortable answering many direct questions. I just hope Matt Ford has time today to speak. 

He (Neil Allen) is appearing on behalf of the council, not a witness for SCS.

• Like 1

It's still early days and it's all been focused on why Speedway and Stock Cars shouldn't be there and why a 3G pitch should be in it's place... The nitty gritty will come when Brandon Estates have to justify building a housing estate on a sporting heritage site

• Like 1