British Speedway Forum

PSC • Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches • Easter Monday

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

You said Poole were rubbish and had great joy in telling everyone I told you so... then they went on to win the league. Changes or not, you made yourself look a twit. 

Did you predict your mrs would run off with someone else or didn’t you see that one coming? ;-) 

Nice of you to get personal shows your level

Yes I said the Poole 1-7 was rubbish last season before a wheel was turned and I was right..... the fact they won the league didn’t make me look foolish at all. They made a host of changes and won the league fair play to them..... would they have won the league if the kept the original 1-7 .... of course not.... so my claims that the original 1-7 was poor was correct.... in no way was I made to look a twit.....

Oh and just so you know I was the one who left and we both have new partners so thanks for your concern 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Have a little look over the thread please or are you doing your usual thing of making things up...

On the Poole thread Skidder said I hadn’t commented on this thread

If you had the intelligence to read this thread you will see I re quoted my prediction on this meeting .... no mention of Poole at all.

Then we had that weird little Pinny person piping up ..... read his post he was the one who brought up Poole..... I merely responded to his comments 

So before you post your utter rubbish I suggest you read the thread properly 

Your post I quoted had you talking about Poole. I have to put with your rubbish on the Poole threads, maybe I will stick on Ippo threads and say negative things and how rubbish they are and then you will see how annoying it is!! It will serve you right :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Your post I quoted had you talking about Poole. I have to put with your rubbish on the Poole threads, maybe I will stick on Ippo threads and say negative things and how rubbish they are and then you will see how annoying it is!! It will serve you right :D

Yes I talked about Poole because someone quoted my post ..... which had nothing about Poole in it.... and asked me a question about Poole..... 

You can come onto Ipswich threads it’s an open forum bless you..... and yes if Ipswich are doing poor you can be as negative as you want..... some of you Poole fans are a little bit precious aren’t you.... 

By the way how is Pooles form and track at the moment?? 

Will you two just get a room and let us get back to the thread about tonights meeting.

Bellego needs to put in a good performance against his parent club tonight after his non showing at Swindon. I think the management replaced him last week in his last outing as they thought Belle Vue would put in a TS in that race, but strangely they left it until the last race they could use it in.

I think you see from that video how much better the Swindon track is going to be now. Have said for a few years that Lynn could benefit from being widened and made more circular, if Buster took the white line in a few metres all the way round and make the circuit 300m ish it could be fantastic with the right preparation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Heat 12:

Going off that race the track changes have made a massive improvement just what the doctor ordered for our ailing sport.Looks like you Swindon fans have a future of watching some great speedway racing well done the Swindon management team.

• Like 4

I say it all the time, but what is the point in having referees if they can’t administer the most basic of rules? The only excuse the ref would have for missing that start is because they are completely blind or they simply weren’t watching and paying attention. How bloody hard is it? It wouldn’t be so bad if the ref hadn’t pulled a couple of identical starts to that back earlier in the meeting. If you can’t be right, at least be consistent...but seemingly even that is too difficult for some refs these days. 

I’d like to think the videos of meetings are used to review a referee’s performance to check they are fit for purpose? Or is it more a case of once you’ve got the job, you’re in no matter how senile you get? Trouble for the SCB, having performance reviews would likely mean that we’d suddenly have barely any refs left to run the leagues!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

I say it all the time, but what is the point in having referees if they can’t administer the most basic of rules? The only excuse the ref would have for missing that start is because they are completely blind or they simply weren’t watching and paying attention. How bloody hard is it? It wouldn’t be so bad if the ref hadn’t pulled a couple of identical starts to that back earlier in the meeting. If you can’t be right, at least be consistent...but seemingly even that is too difficult for some refs these days. 

I’d like to think the videos of meetings are used to review a referee’s performance to check they are fit for purpose? Or is it more a case of once you’ve got the job, you’re in no matter how senile you get? Trouble for the SCB, having performance reviews would likely mean that we’d suddenly have barely any refs left to run the leagues!

Totally agree

And to think this is the sort of start many argue should be legal. He is right up to the tapes and doesnt roll but just drops the clutch with perfect anticipation (luck not judgement though)

Is there a referee that is in overall charge to assess performance and provide feedback?

Given the blatant movement at the tapes on several occasions, mainly Ipswich riders, but riders from both sides and Covatti’s embarrassing Drogba moment, it would appear that some referees performances are not up to standard required to run a professional sport.

28 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Is there a referee that is in overall charge to assess performance and provide feedback?

Given the blatant movement at the tapes on several occasions, mainly Ipswich riders, but riders from both sides and Covatti’s embarrassing Drogba moment, it would appear that some referees performances are not up to standard required to run a professional sport.

Doyle admitted afterwards he knocked Covatti off.

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

How did he get away with that start? The ref. blinked or what? Other than that how refreshing to see a race with multi passing in it. So all visiting riders should have a few yards at the start to make speedway into speedway racing?

He didn't roll or touch the tapes though,  just a brilliant reaction. :lol:

• Haha 1