British Speedway Forum

PSC • Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches • Easter Monday

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Cant see us getting to much from this as Swindon are my favourites for the league.....only 1 change will make them unstoppable in my opinion

Doyle Batch and Tobi are good for around 35 points a meeting so it doesnt need to much from other riders to win a match

Hoping our reserve duo might outscore the Swindon reserves by around 8-10 points which might give us some hope

Lets hope Kurtz has a good day as he is very inconsistent will score anywhere from 6-12

12 point win for the home side for me

Since he got 13 there last time, better change it to 6-13 :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

This will test the robins and thier new track,in form witches are in town

How does a team get classed “in form” - win a few meetings at home? I really don’t see where the test will come from - even with Kurtz in for Harris.

I’m sure if I am wrong, this post will be jumped on :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

How does a team get classed “in form” - win a few meetings at home? I really don’t see where the test will come from - even with Kurtz in for Harris.

I’m sure if I am wrong, this post will be jumped on :rolleyes:

Meaning of ‘in form’ (team riders kicking ass early in season) solid through out 1 to 7 , just missing Harris to give Doyley a hard time,Kurtz is top replacement though,In good form

26 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In form is classed as 2 home wins and a reasonably big away defeat:t:

Plus home and away wins over Leicester :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Meaning of ‘in form’ (team riders kicking ass early in season) solid through out 1 to 7 , just missing Harris to give Doyley a hard time,Kurtz is top replacement though,In good form

Ok - the in-form Robins against the cannon fodder that is the Witches :wink:

Can anyone give a description of the new Blunsdon track please? When I saw it in early March being constructed, I immediately thought it resembled the old Smallmead. Are there any similarities now, or can anyone liken it to another track?

31 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Can anyone give a description of the new Blunsdon track please? When I saw it in early March being constructed, I immediately thought it resembled the old Smallmead. Are there any similarities now, or can anyone liken it to another track?

Smallmead was I think almost identical to the original Foxhall.......:)

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Smallmead was I think almost identical to the original Foxhall.......:)

Yes I went to both. I’d say the original Foxhall had slightly longer straights than Smallmead.  Would be interesting to compare their respective track records. 

Fearsome three pronged attack of heat leaders, Doyley, Muesli, Batch, best in the league. Ipswich can only hope one of those or Ellis Lampost and the reserves have off night to be in with chance of a point. Will do well to stop Robins hitting 50.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Haha 1