British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

Having supported Lynn for more years than I care to remember, the team situation this year has come as no surprise..   Fans have to understand that we are not usually born winners and have excepted that for years.  All the noise about going one better than last year is silly talk. Last year was an exception, although it was ours for the taking,  even then everyone conspired against us to lose.   We need to forget it, its gone. we are back to our normal place. 

It was always on the cards that this year, we again,  will be also rans.  Every TOM DICK and HARRY  who follow speedway are aware of that, no doubt Buster is as well.   But it doesn't matter.   Us mugs will continue to go  paying out decent monies watching a team without a hope in hell of winning.   

That is Kings Lynn Speedway......

• Like 1

Hoi! You forgot about the DENNIS's. I have been following the Stars since they moved from Norwich ( and since Ove Fundin pushed his bike from Thorpe Station up to the Firs  -he must have been fit )! I was even going to be mug enough to go last night but neither of my regular chauffers were going so I had to suffer it on Updates.

You are right, last year was an exception and we are in our former role of also-rans. Last year was our Worky year! But we could not cross over the line.

That is King's Lynn Speedway.....

Riss and MPT jumped the gate so far our rides and the crowd thought it would be pulled back by the time they were at the first bend our riders were several bike lengths behind even the home fans were saying how the hell have they got away with that. One of our riders can't remember who got a warning for moving at the gate so maybe that was why Durno let it go but home fans near me didn't see our rider move and nor did i. 

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats up with Robert ? ended up having a decent meeting in Lubin yesterday after a slow start . Started poorly again for Lynn tonight following on gfrom ippo away .Hopefully just teething problems or is there more to it ? 

was he running in his spokes ,  lost his pills ,testing engines or set up, head swollen in off season and pressuring on helmet, every one else has stepped up ,running off shelf parts and engines ?  robert is avoiding the press and only time will tell

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, g13webb said:

Sure is a strange world we live in.   When I voice a concern early on about the quality of this team, I was accused and rubbished for always being negative.   It appears everybody is now feeling the same way, and  it seems OK to say these things  now.     Strange world, strange people....

Blooming heck Webby. You are a man of mature years and stable temperament. You should have long ago sussed it that we do live in a strange world and with some strange people. Speaking the truth is often unwelcome to those who have delusions ( or their own agenda ).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It was a healthy crowd, but not as large as I thought it would be.  Next Monday will be better against Ipswich I would have thought.   

So long as the weather looks set fair Id imagine there will be a large Witches contingent

Just like the old days........ :t:

Buster don’t have to worry about spending his hard earned on a competitive team.  He can still turn a decent profit on all the local Derby’s that will attract plenty of visitors to cover the poor crowds for the other fixtures.  

No mug is he ?  As he once said ...  you know where the door is.  Wise man that Buster, wish I’d taken notice of him years back.  Still better late than neve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Buster don’t have to worry about spending his hard earned on a competitive team.  He can still turn a decent profit on all the local Derby’s that will attract plenty of visitors to cover the poor crowds for the other fixtures.  

No mug is he ?  As he once said ...  you know where the door is.  Wise man that Buster, wish I’d taken notice of him years back.  Still better late than neve.

To be fair if he is spending the right amount to keep his head above water I don’t think anyone can knock him, I read the Chris Morton article in the star the other week and it’s clear Belle Vue are losing a lot of money each year, how long that continues is anyone’s guess but a halt will be called at some point.

Riders need to understand that the money just isn’t there anymore (Cooks a classic example) just how many clubs have to go bust before it dawns on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Stars current problems are at positions 1- 3-4 -7. Lambert will sort his problems out at no 1. Riss  and TJ should be moved to other positions in the team. Ty moved to no 2 Kerr to reserve and replace Andersen, he is just a liability on an 4.00 average.

Two half decent races for £18 on a chilly night didn’t feel like particularly good VFM especially when the team lost. Not an awful lot wrong from numbers 2-6 but the number one and seven aren’t doing the required job at the moment, one of those riders will obviously come good once machinery is sorted but you wonder if the other has it in him to pull his weight. Still early days so the benefit of the doubt must go to him for a few more meetings yet. 

Poole were decent value for their win although ten points was a bit flattering considering how tight things were for thirteen heats. Lots of rusty men and machines on show for both sides and a fairly flat atmosphere, sometimes it feels like a social occasion where people meet for a chat and a beer / tea / coffee with some incidental speedway going on in the background. Not a lot of rider / crowd interaction but a pretty healthy attendance judging by the car parks. 

Hoping for better on all fronts next week against those pesky Twitches. 

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

I’ll wait a couple more meetings before calling for changes. Was a decent meeting. Shame about the result. Riss Jorgensen and Kerr did their jobs. You could tell we were a little rusty though. 

Kerr did his Job! He was rubbish. Poole riders were not exactly on fire especially Jack early on although neither was Lambert.

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

It was a healthy crowd, but not as large as I thought it would be.  Next Monday will be better against Ipswich I would have thought.   

I wondered cos of all the negativity around the team. Given last nights result all the local derbies might be needed to counteract poor crowds for the other fixtures.

Edited by Star Lady