British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

So tonight sees the first track action of the season for the Pirates against a Stars side wanting a quick recovery from their performance at Ipswich.

Teams: Stars: Lambert, Riss, Proctor, Kerr, Jorgensen, MPT, Andersen.

Pirates: Holder, Grajczonek, Klindt, Worrall, Kurtz, Covatti, Busk Jacobsen.

Several of the Pirates have had track action elsewhere, and with Stars wanting some 'revenge' for last season, I guess it could be quite tight.

Thoughts?

Lambert needs to produce or the Pirates will run away with it

Even with a good performance from him I can see a narrow away win

• Like 1

I can only see an away win unfortunately.Poole's strength in depth is basically better than ours.The engine room of the Stars quite frankly haven't started the season too well in the Championship let alone the opener against Ipswich last week.And NBJ at reserve for Poole has started  the season really well.So this is the reason i see an away win.

Weather is set to be beautiful today with nice warm Summer sunshine,until the sun dips then it will feel like Winter again i'm sure.

I can't make tonight because of work,but i hope miracles do happen and the Stars pull off a win against all odds(in the famous words of SS:wink:)

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

can only see an away win unfortunately.Poole's strength in depth is basically better than ours.The engine room of the Stars quite frankly haven't started the season too well in the Championship let alone the opener against Ipswich last week.And NBJ at reserve for Poole has started  the season really well.So this is the reason i see an away win.

Weather is set to be beautiful today with nice warm Summer sunshine,until the sun dips then it will feel like Winter again i'm sure.

I can't make tonight because of work,but i hope miracles do happen and the Stars pull off a win against all odds(in the famous words of SS:wink:)

Spot on. That's how I see it as well.

Lynn's reserves and engine room haven't started to well in any league yet, and with no back up for Robert I can only see it going Poole's way. On a plus point can see Erik bagging a few points tonight, otherwise it could well be wider than 42-48 ish.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Being early in the season, it is difficult to predict how things will go - If KL ride like they did last week, they will get beaten at home.  However, if they have sorted out the gremlins and blown away the cobwebs then they may just edge a narrow home win.

I have a feeling that the pie rats will win though

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so , could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Best get there early tonight, first time charges for car parking. What a fiasco that's going to be.

Hopefully not collecting the money at the gate, otherwise the queue up the road ain't half going to be long, especially if those that have told me that they intend handing over a £1 in 1 pence pieces carry out that threat, which of course is silly.