British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Berwick April 12th

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Were any riders announced last nite for the upcoming Craig cook testimonial ?

None yet would guess that the Easter weekend makes availability difficult , social media will no doubt let us know the line up as soon as it is finalised 7pm start next Saturday with Glasgow , Bell vue . Edinburgh & Workington taking part in a 4tt.

Would imagine there will be fans travelling from the other 3 teams so the sooner the better on a line up I guess.

15 minutes ago, screm said:

Glasgow are a decent team and will win many home meetings so losing last isnt a disaster, worst part for Berwick is losing Jye Etheridge with a broken collar bone.

Yeah that was unfortunate for poor Jye, I wish him a speedy recovery, the bandits are my second team and performed better than the scoreline suggests, will be tougher for Glasgow at Berwick, but a large contingent of  Tigers fans will be down to help swell the bandits coffers

2 hours ago, MD said:

We are starting the season 3 weeks later than we normally do and it shows. The track was smooth, no heavy rain or frost over the last week to cause problems in prepping it. We should start at this time every year. Its also a chore to stand on the terraces in bitter cold, but not last night.

i have been saying that we should start the season in April for years . even more so now as there are not the fixtures there used to be .

well done to the two cometigers last night and to jye on his recovery . :t:

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Would imagine there will be fans travelling from the other 3 teams so the sooner the better on a line up I guess.

Several people interested to be coming up from Workington (land of champions ) but if no line up announced may have a big effect on attendance.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Several people interested to be coming up from Workington (land of champions ) but if no line up announced may have a big effect on attendance.

Why not just come up and support a good cause? 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

I am sure the line up will be announced early part of next week.

15 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

Berwick looked very slow compared to the Tigers once they knocked the rust off.

Very few will beat Cook, Jensen or Vissing round there they all looked especially quick.

A bit of a comedown after a brilliant double over Newcastle but to be expected really.

Very few will beat Cook,not sure that applies to Jensen or Vissing.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Very few will beat Cook,not sure that applies to Jensen or Vissing.

Jensen has turned in to a very very good heat leader over the past season and Vissing is pure class on his day

In a weaker league I think they’ll be pretty hard to beat but we’ll see.

5 hours ago, george.m said:

Why not just come up and support a good cause? 

If the potential line up is not known why should I travel 250 mile round trip to watch the likes of sarj and co !!!! Just saying, want to know who I am potentially going to watch, spending £18  admission and £40 on petrol plus food

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

If the potential line up is not known why should I travel 250 mile round trip to watch the likes of sarj and co !!!! Just saying, want to know who I am potentially going to watch, spending £18  admission and £40 on petrol plus food

Your prerogative, just saying you would be supporting a good cause.