British Speedway Forum

Craig cook testimonial

17 minutes ago, JCookie said:

With all of his teams/experience in speedway and he can only attract that lineup? Surely says a lot about the man himself.

Not sure I agree. Line ups in meetings like this have been a bit off the last few years. Going off your comment then what does it say about the lads in wheelchairs who are supported by the Ben fund?

Like I say, I don’t agree with this thinking but you’re entitled to your opinion on a public forum. 

Despite all the criticism I enjoyed the meet.  Some good races in great weather.  The team mascots are great and kept my kids entertained throughout.  

Line up was never going to have an impact if I turned up or not but as an Edin fan was good to see a few monarchs legends in there.  Crowd was decent not sure how it compares to a usual league meeting.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Despite all the criticism I enjoyed the meet.  Some good races in great weather.  The team mascots are great and kept my kids entertained throughout.  

Line up was never going to have an impact if I turned up or not but as an Edin fan was good to see a few monarchs legends in there.  Crowd was decent not sure how it compares to a usual league meeting.  

As testimonials go this was not bad some decent racing and it helps when it is warm.

As for the crowd it was slightly down on a typical league meeting but still a very healthy turnout.

Nice to see a few up from Workington.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

In the fours thread 

Thanks, assumed it be in the testimonials section. Always like to read the updates and comments just to see if I was at the same match as the texter. Just to say for those relying on the updates the big screen did update the scores despite what the updates said. It was clearly announced that Heat 17 was a top scorers race but cookie wouldn't be riding as he wanted the 4 prizes to be won by riders that had supported him rather than him winning one of his prizes. Would thank all riders including the no limits youngsters with Jack Smith looking more comfortable than when last rode for us and Jordan Palin looking a real prospect. 

• Like 2

I dragged myself along, choked with the cold, to support my pal Cookie and I’m glad I did. As testimonials go, this rates well. Great to see Craig giving meaningful track time to the youngsters who were very entertaining. The main event had lots of old and existing Edinburgh riders battling it out in a decent line-up. Such a shame the meeting was sandwiched between Edinburgh home and Newcastle away or I’m sure there would’ve been more Monarchs fans there. Everything appeared to go as planned and it looked like Craig enjoyed his well deserved day

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I dragged myself along, choked with the cold, to support my pal Cookie and I’m glad I did. As testimonials go, this rates well. Great to see Craig giving meaningful track time to the youngsters who were very entertaining. The main event had lots of old and existing Edinburgh riders battling it out in a decent line-up. Such a shame the meeting was sandwiched between Edinburgh home and Newcastle away or I’m sure there would’ve been more Monarchs fans there. Everything appeared to go as planned and it looked like Craig enjoyed his well deserved day

I must admit, our "Group" that came all the way up from Workington were gobsmacked at how few Monarchs fans were there !  Was this the GENUINE reason do you think ?  Or do they have other "conditions" regarding away trips to Glasgae ?

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I must admit, our "Group" that came all the way up from Workington were gobsmacked at how few Monarchs fans were there !  Was this the GENUINE reason do you think ?  Or do they have other "conditions" regarding away trips to Glasgae ?

I’d certainly like to think so after the superb 5 years Cookie gave us

There are a small few who haven’t gone to Glasgow since “that letter” and a small few who don’t like that Craig “defected to the enemy” but, I for one, will never forget Craig’s contribution to Monarchs and the joy it was to watch him then and now. The lad has to earn a living and always wears his team colours with pride

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Went along. Sponsored one of Edinburgh race jackets (Sam), would have been nice to have been afforded the chance to get an official picture taken with Smiler Sam. Joshie was good and it was great  to see old Monarchs boys Max and Sam ride. Two boys who I feel could hold their own in GP series. Lovely to see Will and Debbie again. Still maintain Cookie too good for div 2 and should be mixing it in Scandinavia/ Poland to enhance chances of GP return. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong. 

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Went along. Sponsored one of Edinburgh race jackets (Sam), would have been nice to have been afforded the chance to get an official picture taken with Smiler Sam. Joshie was good and it was great  to see old Monarchs boys Max and Sam ride. Two boys who I feel could hold their own in GP series. Lovely to see Will and Debbie again. Still maintain Cookie too good for div 2 and should be mixing it in Scandinavia/ Poland to enhance chances of GP return. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong. 

Fricke should definitely have sights on the GP but feel it’s probably a bit too much of a stretch for Masters and probably Cook to be honest.