British Speedway Forum

Craig cook testimonial

Maybe you need to be more on social media but everyday iv seen something regarding his meeting.   His website could be a more upto date (and on Glasgows too I would guess) and like others have said riders should have been announced a while ago.  

As a monarch fan very happy with first 3 announced and looking forward to it.  

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, phillipsr said:

Its so hard to care with a week to go, For a  rider who thinks he's good at self promotion etc he has handled this awfully 

I agree totally !  I love Craig to bits, but promoting this event predominantly on Twitter, is a bad bad idea...as LOTS of people, (like myself) are not on Twitter nor have any desire to be on it just to get any info about his big day !  There have been several replies on here saying that you can do "everything" on his WEBSITE, including booking advanced tickets. Can anyone send me a direct link to the relevant page of his site that lets me do this please ? !!  I must be blind as I cant see it !

Thanks

10 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I agree totally !  I love Craig to bits, but promoting this event predominantly on Twitter, is a bad bad idea...as LOTS of people, (like myself) are not on Twitter nor have any desire to be on it just to get any info about his big day !  There have been several replies on here saying that you can do "everything" on his WEBSITE, including booking advanced tickets. Can anyone send me a direct link to the relevant page of his site that lets me do this please ? !!  I must be blind as I cant see it !

Thanks

Everything can be purchased here - https://www.cc111.co.uk/merch

Tickets bought on there include free programme and Easter Egg, and are to be collected at the box office on the day.

The thing is though if you compare the views that his website gets as apposed to Twitter, it's easily 100x or more people it's hitting. There is still a place for websites, but they are becoming much more irrelevant these days. No one needs to be registered or signed up to twitter to see any of this info! It's all even embedded on linked too on the front page of his website -https://twitter.com/CraigCook111

I can't see how it's been handled 'awfully ' at all, I feel it needs defended!  Look Ben Barker's testimonial last month, hardly a word on it other than on the BSPA website fixture list, some newspaper articles in the week leading up to it had the actual date printed incorrect, teams were also listed wrong.

Regarding publicity it was Monday the 1st bit of information came about riders, granted looking to be a good line up, but to start and release names 5 days before the event is a bit short notice to me, several people are planning to come up from Workington and beyond, but need to make plans, these can now be put in place,  now a line up is taking place but imo opinion a bit late

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Interesting that its cash only on the day , wonder how many that will knock off the crowd

Glasgow do use card , but it is not Glasgow that is dealing with admission monies it is Craig's team, hence cash only, If you go to Berwick you cant use card at all.

• Like 2