British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Belle Vue PSC - Mon 1st April

5 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My love of Arsenal is the same as of the Panthers. I have had the Arsenal ticket for months so chose to go there but to call me a part time fan is a bit unfair. As it happens I am pleased that I went to the football.Although I am not happy with how things have turned out at the Showground, I can assure you I will be at the next meeting.

Only pulling your leg Alan

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well maybe not just yet and I am sure Lasse will be ok when he sorts his mechanical gremlins out but Barker has to improve  to retain his team place I would think.

Last night the race format made the Cook situation worse for us,  Fricke and  Kenny B were in 7 of the first 13 races  then both in Ht 15   and not beaten , maybe if we had got a replacement in time could have made a big difference,  Barker out of sorts ,  plus Lasse in scoring position twice retiring, Belle Vue have a good side , should have beaten us by a lot more

.jimg

2 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My love of Arsenal is the same as of the Panthers. I have had the Arsenal ticket for months so chose to go there but to call me a part time fan is a bit unfair. As it happens I am pleased that I went to the football.Although I am not happy with how things have turned out at the Showground, I can assure you I will be at the next meeting.

I was at the gooners last night as well. With football you know it's definitely going to be on. No such luxury with speedway. Napoli at home and Watford away rule me out of the next two showground meetings. Hopefully i can make it on Easter Monday.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was at the gooners last night as well. With football you know it's definitely going to be on. No such luxury with speedway. Napoli at home and Watford away rule me out of the next two showground meetings. Hopefully i can make it on Easter Monday.

Napoli and watford games may end in disappointment!

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Napoli and watford games may end in disappointment!

Quite possible, but as a fan i just wanted to see an improvement. We've already matched last seasons points tally with seven games to go. The way Emery has helped unite the fan base has to be a positive thing.

18 hours ago, acef said:

Uniformity. Professionalism. Its looks a sight better on TV.

Although its buster so there is probably a brown envelope somewhere.

I’m sorry but Craig having CRS ( for example) wrote in white as opposed to yellow or blue would have no effect on how professional the Panthers looked on TV, 

im not taking sides in this argument, I just can’t believe with the problems facing this sport , a promoter and a top British rider would find the colour of the font on  Kevlars this important   !! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Quite possible, but as a fan i just wanted to see an improvement. We've already matched last seasons points tally with seven games to go. The way Emery has helped unite the fan base has to be a positive thing.

Yes I agree, I am  not a Arsenal fan but I can see Emery has done a great job and playing attractive football.

15 hours ago, jimg said:

Last night the race format made the Cook situation worse for us,  Fricke and  Kenny B were in 7 of the first 13 races  then both in Ht 15   and not beaten , maybe if we had got a replacement in time could have made a big difference,  Barker out of sorts ,  plus Lasse in scoring position twice retiring, Belle Vue have a good side , should have beaten us by a lot more

.jimg

I think we( Belle vue )do potentially have a good side looking at Mondays meeting Bewley and Wells scored 1 point between them but still early days yet, more so for Bewley.Their last visits to Peterborough last season Bewley scored 15 and Wells scored 12 guesting for you so yes as the season progresses I think we could beat your present team by a lot more.But every meeting is different so who knows.Best of luck to you finding a new heat leader its what your team needs and will make a big difference on track.

18 hours ago, jimg said:

.jimg

Don't understand how the race format changed anything. in the normal league format the opposition 1&5 are out in 7 of the first 13 heats then both probably in heat 15? 

6 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Don't think this format will be retained   A good try but it  (to my mind) is of no interest to most supporters

I thought lots of old school fans wanted to go back to the good old days of 40-38 (the old 13 heat formula)?

Older fans should be excited about it!

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I thought lots of old school fans wanted to go back to the good old days of 40-38 (the old 13 heat formula)?

Older fans should be excited about it!

I'm not, 13 heats was okay years ago, but i want more competitive races for my money, not less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I'm not, 13 heats was okay years ago, but i want more competitive races for my money, not less.

If my memory serves I think this was when the match was only the first half, we had money racing after the interval.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPD444 said:

If my memory serves I think this was when the match was only the first half, we had money racing after the interval.

Everyone used to clear off or have a beer in the bar after the main match. I never even bothered to fill in my prog for the 2nd half.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, cityrebel said:

Everyone used to clear off or have a beer in the bar after the main match. I never even bothered to fill in my prog for the 2nd half.

I’d imagine the people remaining would be a good crowd today tho!