British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

I have read that Ipswich have put out an official PR telling their fans to vote for our worst performing riders for heat 14, unbelievable but not surprising. So we know what we need to do, hope everyone has a twitter account, or two, three, four etc etc.. 

As I understand it the team manager nominates four riders and the Twitter poll is to choose which two of those go in heat 14. So it’s as broad as it is long really. Opposing fans can’t choose your two worst riders out of the whole seven. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Trees said:

I have read that Ipswich have put out an official PR telling their fans to vote for our worst performing riders for heat 14, unbelievable but not surprising. So we know what we need to do, hope everyone has a twitter account, or two, three, four etc etc.. 

It would be crazy from the team manager to nominate an under performing rider for ht14 surely.He has to name 4 riders for ht 14.I would most definitely name my best 4 on the night.And whoever gets voted for ht14 put the other 2 in ht15.Whether that means Lambert in ht14 then so be it,at least your not running the risk of having a rider who has probably scored 0 all night.

edit:Bagpuss beat me to,must be able to type quicker than me:D

Edited by tellboy
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As I understand it the team manager nominates four riders and the Twitter poll is to choose which two of those go in heat 14. So it’s as broad as it is long really. Opposing fans can’t choose your two worst riders out of the whole seven. 

At our Fans Forum Robin said that the two riders for heat 15 would not be nominated for 14, so the next 4 best riders would be picked hence the chance to choose 2 lower order riders. At Peterborough tonight this was not the case so someone has it wrong.... 

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

At our Fans Forum Robin said that the two riders for heat 15 would not be nominated for 14, so the next 4 best riders would be picked hence the chance to choose 2 lower order riders. At Peterborough tonight this was not the case so someone has it wrong.... 

sgb_premiership.jpg
THE BSPA is pleased to confirm arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s KO Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in Heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed, and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process.

Following Heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the Heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in Heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for Heat 15, will be announced following Heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged Final. Races prior to Heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

GROUP 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)

GROUP 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@Sw

Ah I got it slightly wrong then, the two who ‘lose’ the heat 14 poll don’t automatically end up in 15. So if for example Lynn wanted to hold Lambert back for heat 15 they could put the rest of the top five up for the Twitter poll. 

The risk would be if one of those four riders was having a bad night.....

Edited by Bagpuss

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ah I got it slightly wrong then, the two who ‘lose’ the heat 14 poll don’t automatically end up in 15. So if for example Lynn wanted to hold Lambert back for heat 15 they could put the rest of the top five up for the Twitter poll. 

The risk would be if one of those four riders was having a bad night.....

No they don't automatically,but if i was TM they would because i would always use my best 4 from the night to go in the final 2 races.For example in the league you would name your top 2 for ht 15 unless you are too far in front/behind in that case you could name whoever is eligible.

21 minutes ago, Trees said:

I hope Robin isn't serious in doing that way.That would mean nominating a reserve for ht 14,if the poll chose him which you would expect to be our best reserve this would only leave K.Andersen to fill in if someone gets excluded in hts 14 and 15.No disrespect to Kasper but i would rather see MPT/Kerr to fill in if a rider gets excluded.

45 minutes ago, tellboy said:
sgb_premiership.jpg
THE BSPA is pleased to confirm arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s KO Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in Heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed, and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process.

Following Heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the Heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in Heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for Heat 15, will be announced following Heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged Final. Races prior to Heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

GROUP 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)

GROUP 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@Sw

From this, I'd say Robin has it wrong as it doesn't say that riders nominated for 14 cannot race in 15.... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tellboy said:
sgb_premiership.jpg

7 minutes ago, Trees said:

From this, I'd say Robin has it wrong as it doesn't say that riders nominated for 14 cannot race in 15.... 

Yes it does, as highlighted above. Think you probably miss understood what Robin meant. You can't only have 3 rider's available for heat 15, that would be ridiculous. But I suppose it wouldn't have been, this is British Speedway of course :lol:

13 hours ago, Trees said:

Where was that?

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was a throw away comment from Hawkins at the end of the meeting preview on the official site. 

Seemed just a harmless tongue in cheek comment to me, certainly nothing for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over. 

Who's getting their knickers in a twist, just gotta be prepared :D