British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You wanted all the East Anglican clubs to finish in the bottom 3 to get at Buster. So in my eyes you want them all to fail. I remember quoting you to say your beef is with Buster, but to want 3 teams to fail/finish bottom 3 is silly. 

No need to bring religion into it :wink:

I don't know if he wants all 3 to finish bottom but with the teams they have assembled, it looks a 3 way battle for the wooden spoon IMHO.

Doesn't matter what people think of Buster, he's taken over clubs to keep the top league going, it is what it is and we'll just have to wait and see how it all  pans out over the season. 

Anyway, it was a good enjoyable meeting with some passing ( unusual at Foxhall of late), certainly a very decent crowd and it's always satisfying to comfortably beat the old enemy, long may it continue ! 

22 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No need to bring religion into it :wink:

I don't know if he wants all 3 to finish bottom but with the teams they have assembled, it looks a 3 way battle for the wooden spoon IMHO.

Edited now thanks:oops:

Daniel most definitely wanted all 3 clubs to finish in the bottom 3 just to get at Buster. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

What you have to take in consideration, is that the Ipswich riders were specifically told to use the Leicester meeting to experiment and try different set ups in readiness for the real stuff hence the closer score  

It obviously worked :P

Ha, as we're the Leicester riders and Lynn last night ;)

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not true. Team manager can name his top 4 riders of which 2 can be voted for in heat 14. The other 2 would then be in heat 15.  Alternatively he could keep the top 2 for heat 15 and nominate another 4 for the heat 14 vote. (At least thats how it was explained today).

That is what I said, depending on how you read it.:t:

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

Second worst team in the league, worst manager in the league. Not surprised we got a hiding, will be many more I’m sure. Why is Campos manager anyway? Not sure why he was yet first choice instead of Dale 

I think he's covering for dale temporarily. 

And no buster is not doing our track, still Chris and Bob 

29 minutes ago, therefused said:

Second worst team in the league, worst manager in the league. Not surprised we got a hiding, will be many more I’m sure. Why is Campos manager anyway? Not sure why he was yet first choice instead of Dale 

Dale is recovering from illness. Campos is stand in team manager.                       t 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

After last nights result ,it has convinced me not to attend any of the stupid cup meetings at Kings Lynn . 

You’ll be fed up with the rest then as they still charge away from the start and turn sharp left in the other meetings. 

I love it. 

Concern over the team manager role. Heard rumours that Dale is suffering from mental health issues. If that's the case, really hope he gets well soon! Perhaps it would be better to take away the stress of an immediate return and appoint someone better than Campos in the meantime!  Rob Lyon or Olly Allen?