British Speedway Forum

2019 SoN Draw

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

The new regulations are:-

If the Grand Final heat 44 ends in a 3-3 then there will be a Run off with one rider from each nation nominated by the team manager to race off for the SoN world championship.

4 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Thank the Lord for some common sense. Last year's result was a joke.

Where is the common sense in a pairs/team event being decided by an individual run off?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Where is the common sense in a pairs/team event being decided by an individual run off?

Eventually the F.I.M will decree the World Team Cup / SON will consist of 1 rider per team along with an u21 reserve. Will do away with this nonsense of drawn heats in the last few novelty run offs and will include a field of 24 / 32 teams . Final to be held in Azerbaijan , on Christmas Day. 

14 hours ago, iwright71 said:

Eventually the F.I.M will decree the World Team Cup / SON will consist of 1 rider per team along with an u21 reserve. Will do away with this nonsense of drawn heats in the last few novelty run offs and will include a field of 24 / 32 teams . Final to be held in Azerbaijan , on Christmas Day. 

Probably be on PPV too ..

• 1 month later...

anybody interested in this ticket.

Just bought SON ticket for Saturday 11th May, Grandstand, Block C seat G72. After printing it off I went to file it in my folder only to find I already have one,.

This ticket has just cost me £42.20p, lets forget about the £2.20p. Does anyone want/need this ticket. PM me if you do.

Teams announced for the Landshut meeting on the Landshut fb page.

Germany with Huckenbeck, Smoli and Härtel as U21 rider 

Poland with Jankowski, Zmarzlik and Smektala (U21)

Sweden with Lindgren, Ljung and Hjelmland (U21)

Edited by iris123

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Teams announced for the Landshut meeting on the Landshut fb page.

Germany with Huckenbeck, Smoli and Härtel as U21 rider 

Poland with Jankowski, Zmarzlik and Smeltsla (U21)

Sweden with Lindgren, Ljung and Hjelmland (U21)

From Speedway GP 

MONSTER ENERGY SON RACE OFF 1 LINE-UPS:

CZECH REPUBLIC: 1 Vaclav Milik (captain), 2 Eduard Krcmar, U21 Jan Kvech. Also in squad: Josef Franc, Petr Chlupac (U21).

GERMANY: 1 Kai Huckenbeck (captain), 2 Martin Smolinski, U21 Michael Hartel. Also in squad: Erik Riss, Lukas Fienhage (U21).

ITALY: 1 Nicolas Covatti (captain), 2 Paco Castagna, U21 Michele Menani. Also in squad: Nicolas Vicentin.

POLAND: 1 Maciej Janowski (captain), 2 Bartosz Zmarzlik, U21 Bartosz Smektala. Also in squad: Patryk Dudek, Maksym Drabik (U21).

SLOVENIA: 1 Matej Zagar (captain), 2 Matic Ivacic, U21 Nick Skorja.

SWEDEN: 1 Fredrik Lindgren (captain), 2 Peter Ljung, U21 Filip Hjelmland. Also in squad: Antonio Lindback, Alexander Woentin (U21).

UKRAINE: 1 Andriy Karpov, 2 Aleksandr Loktaev, U21 Marko Levishyn.