British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Think Aarnio is possibly Berwick’s I think, Garrity was Coventry so god knows? I feel like something happened with Scunthorpe and Pboro to do with Garrity’s contract?

Didn't Berwick transfer Tero's contract to Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

What average would Luke Becker be assessed with?

I haven't seen Tobias Thomsen ride, but I certainly don't think Nick Agertoft is worth a place in the team on 4.00 average.

Morris, Castagna & Shanes all have similar averages so it would be difficult to fit them all in with one at reserve (5:00-5:50).  Ashley Morris was injured by the time I was able to start attending but of the two I have seen I'd much prefer to watch James Shanes on a weekly basis than Paco Castagna.  That said I think if Castagna could be fitted in at #2 he'd do a decent job there as he doesn't like to leave the curb and #2's meeting finishes earlier.  Wide dirt lines do take a while to develop.

Just now, scunny1 said:

Think Garrity is Scunthorpe asset swopped  for MPT. 

Would both parties be happy to be reunited do you think ? Would you like to see him return bud ? Birmingham need to really try get a consistent team in 2020 in terms of same 7 every week . . 12 changes and a guest every week wont help our cause.

Just now, NeilWatson said:

That transaction was nullified by the BSPA management committee last season - at that time Jason became a BSPA asset.

So what is the process to buy a asset off the bspa ? do we make them a cheap offer ? or do they set a fee that must be matched ? can you negotiate ?

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

All of those!

Another question . If we for example signed Jason on loan for another season not as a asset would it be a lump fee up front or instalments ? if it was instalments would the club continue to pay them if they released the rider after say 3 months ? if it was a lump fee upfront would a proportion be returned ?

Sorry for all the questions that may appear silly . But they are genuine questions from a fan interested in how things behind the scenes are run.

7 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Another question . If we for example signed Jason on loan for another season not as a asset would it be a lump fee up front or instalments ? if it was instalments would the club continue to pay them if they released the rider after say 3 months ? if it was a lump fee upfront would a proportion be returned ?

Sorry for all the questions that may appear silly . But they are genuine questions from a fan interested in how things behind the scenes are run.

Any loan fee is for the whole of the remaining season calculated on a daily basis. (A full season is 231 days). If a rider is released during the season and signs elsewhere the appropriate loan fee is charged by the first loaning Club to the second Club. Full payment in advance is required.

• Thanks 2

Adam is a Swindon asset and as long as we can sort out his Danish commitments would be great guy to build team around.

I'd assume if we offer him a season deal he would commit and ditch Danish League.

Garrity is fantastic to watch but like Ben Barker can be "high maintenance" and whilst would love to have him back comes with risks.

Tero a "must have" in my opinions and fingers crossed Shansey is fit for start of 2020 season.

I hope Brummies look again at Kyle Newman,  he was asked to do a 2nd Heat Leader job in a weak starting 1-7, never had a chance and was dropped but has done well since and with some confidence restored would make great second string.

35 minutes ago, HGould said:

Tero a "must have" in my opinions and fingers crossed Shansey is fit for start of 2020 season.

I hope Brummies look again at Kyle Newman,  he was asked to do a 2nd Heat Leader job in a weak starting 1-7, never had a chance and was dropped but has done well since and with some confidence restored would make great second string.  

Why so keen on Aarnio?

Newman is another on a similar average to Morris, Castagna & Shanes (5.00-5.50).

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Adam is a Swindon asset and as long as we can sort out his Danish commitments would be great guy to build team around.

I'd assume if we offer him a season deal he would commit and ditch Danish League.

Garrity is fantastic to watch but like Ben Barker can be "high maintenance" and whilst would love to have him back comes with risks.

Think Kyle will be at Eastie again next year to be honest, improved over the season and liked by the fans.

Edited by gazzac