British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2019

No ruts, no blue groove, little dust. Works for me. Even gates?

Philip Hellstroem-Baengs Swedish season is over, sign him up! He has impressed on the TV, only 16 I think.

Edited by Col

6 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

By the way i do not mean any disrespect to the actual guys that do actually do it but if they were employed and paid to do that job they would be sacked . Most would not be strong enough or physically capable to do that job.Now people will/may disagree but that is just a fact . 

Can I ask what you know about speedway track prep? Have you ever done the job? 

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

rubbish . I prepare bases for many things for a living and have done for 20 years . The volunteers who pull the loose little bit of shale/gravel back every now and then are peeing in the wind.  you need proper people with proper equipment like myself . problem is it comes at a cost . The track graders rakes dont even have teeth there flat . 

I think B'ham need a 'skilled' track curator since 'Terry' has left ? may be you could open discussions with them? ( genuine suggestion...)

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Tobias Thomsen returns to replace James Shanes for the rest of the season.

Are there really no other options out there? He only averaged 2 points a meeting earlier in the year. I know the season is coming to the end but still we could get someone in with a view to next season.  

Hume ,,Morley ,,,,Stoneman ,,,should all have been considered in front of a foreign rider of poor ability. What's the matter with these promoters nowdays

• Like 6

Morley has a higher average than both has been National league riders champion twice.but then your an expert on booze in Aussie...I can't compete with that ,!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, waco said:

Morley has a higher average than both has been National league riders champion twice.but then your an expert on booze in Aussie...I can't compete with that ,!

He is absolute garbage at this level though and has had many chances . 

Why not try Thomsen? 

Having a higher average than the other two means absolutely sod all. Barrie Evans used to be superb in the NL and then rubbish in the Championship , much like Morley.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pinny said:

Hume and Stoneman yes , Morley certainly not .

One thing i would say is Pinny, Morley has achieved his average in a very tough 1/5 position and the Championship is a tough old league.Be interesting to see if Eastbourne replace Wood with Hume i don't know if the rules prevent it but you would think Connor Mountain would appreciate extra rides in the NL.?

• Like 1

Im sorry but Morley has been around for ages with Rye , Arena and Eastie and hasnt done anything . Espiecially in the main body of the team. 

Hume , Stoneman and Mountain are all younger and have some potential. Morley no. If i was a promoter i certainly wouldnt touch him. Been many around like him before , good in the 3rd tier rubbish in the second. Barrie Evans , Martin Williams are two i remember at Newport, Chris Courage is another , Karl Mason ..... good in the conference but rubbish when stepping up.

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Im sorry but Morley has been around for ages with Rye , Arena and Eastie and hasnt done anything . Espiecially in the main body of the team. 

Hume , Stoneman and Mountain are all younger and have some potential. Morley no. If i was a promoter i certainly wouldnt touch him. Been many around like him before , good in the 3rd tier rubbish in the second. Barrie Evans , Martin Williams are two i remember at Newport, Chris Courage is another , Karl Mason ..... good in the conference but rubbish when stepping up.

One thing i will say though Pinny Ben really has tried to get better on the bigger tracks hence his move to the Isle of Wight.I do see your point though and Hume/Stoneman with prolonged injury free runs are championship riders.Your point about Evans is spot on and going back to the old Conference league the career of James Wright really disappointed me he was terrific for Buxton and Worky and also had a decent time as a robin.

• Like 1

You need improvers, hume and Stoneman are improvers but very injury prone, morleys best 2 tracks are shut and he has no improvement in him at all, his level is what he is, that's why at 4.81 pre season he was a bad bet, on a 3 then ok but his average was attained at lakeside where 90 % away riders cant handle.

People said Eastbourne did wrong moving Jason Edwards in, but hes 16, trying hard and getting a few points, great for his future development.

Guest Loose Diamond
19 hours ago, waco said:

Hume ,,Morley ,,,,Stoneman ,,,should all have been considered in front of a foreign rider of poor ability. What's the matter with these promoters nowdays

Snap. Same at Newcastle. You could win there on Sunday. Our top 3 are total garbage.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

You need improvers, hume and Stoneman are improvers but very injury prone, morleys best 2 tracks are shut and he has no improvement in him at all, his level is what he is, that's why at 4.81 pre season he was a bad bet, on a 3 then ok but his average was attained at lakeside where 90 % away riders cant handle.

People said Eastbourne did wrong moving Jason Edwards in, but hes 16, trying hard and getting a few points, great for his future development.

I wish we had Jason Edwards.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Yes. There's a few around still ! Danny Phillips. Granted he's had a few accidents but not getting any better. Unfortunately for us. But other riders for the Diamonds are going through a bad spell. Worst team for the Diamonds for years. Never out of the top 3 with Ian Thomas but generally near the bottom 3 now. Ian Thomas must be spinning in his grave.