British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2019

6 minutes ago, S4r4h said:

You can park in the main stadium car park and the entry point is from the car park. The GRA charge £3 I think to park there. You can park for free at the one stop shopping centre but that will be a walk across the main roads and may not be suitable for someone who cannot walk far.

Thank You

8 hours ago, pete cc said:

Wallinger !!. Don't hold your breath 

I can't work that signing out at all ??? 

Also, Agertoft is clearly not ready for Championship speedway???

I can only think that its down to limited finances.....which I can understand.

Just don't want us to lose 'regular' supporters because of a non-competitive team?

I always think that the ridiculously low team average the BSPA insist on every year doesn't help, if a rider gets injured you generally end up changing 2 riders and there's always an innocent party that loses his place, which makes clubs look bad.

On the positive side, the Masons always promised the fans entertainment and they don't come more exciting than Garrity, he was a Cardiff reserve 5 yrs ago so the talent is definitely there and he is another 100% effort rider. Fair play to Rogers for juggling the team around to get Garrity in, just a shame that Humey lost out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to take your hat off to Peter/David (Mason) for at least trying to give 'us' an entertaining team....they could easily have carried on with R/R for Morris.

I admire their dedication and commitment to the cause.

I guess that once you start making wholesale changes that if the wholesale changes don't work out you start making wholesale changes to replace the wholesale changes.

It's good in a way but means lack of continuity at times. 

Replacing injured riders is to be applauded but just shipping people in and out like Danyon for no good reason and Nathan for no good reason doesn't indicate any kind of "plan" sadly.

At least they are trying though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Why did Jason lose his place at Scunthorpe?

Jason broke his wrist in a 4 bike pile up in the British Semi Final at Redcar & he's been out for over 2 months now. It has been reported that he had a skid after our amateur meeting at the week end. His 28 day replacement has done more than enough to keep his place.

His enthusiastic style of racing leads to entertainment but it can, & normally does, bring its share of injuries during a season. Always a trier though, unlike Schlein. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HGould said:

I guess that once you start making wholesale changes that if the wholesale changes don't work out you start making wholesale changes to replace the wholesale changes.

It's good in a way but means lack of continuity at times. 

Replacing injured riders is to be applauded but just shipping people in and out like Danyon for no good reason and Nathan for no good reason doesn't indicate any kind of "plan" sadly.

At least they are trying though! 

All down to the averages I'm afraid, to get a better calibre of rider in sometimes means you have to lower the points average elsewhere. I agree its rubbish that Hume and Stoneman have lost out recently but, hopefully, the better riders should make up the points for them.

I actually hate the low team average more than our beloved guest system tbh, never any reason for it to be below 45-46 points.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Jason broke his wrist in a 4 bike pile up in the British Semi Final at Redcar & he's been out for over 2 months now. It has been reported that he had a skid after our amateur meeting at the week end. His 28 day replacement has done more than enough to keep his place.

His enthusiastic style of racing leads to entertainment but it can, & normally does, bring its share of injuries during a season. Always a trier though, unlike Schlein. 

Ok. I thought they got rid of him because he did not turn up at Edinburgh earlier in the season? Probably incorrect.