British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2019

15 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Change of subject, just seen a video of JPB doing his first laps on a bike ( 1/9/2019 )

seems ok , somebody said on video he looks back to normal.!!

On decent machinery, that boy has/had the potential to be something special !

Would be great to see him back in our colours ? : )

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

On decent machinery, that boy has/had the potential to be something special !

Would be great to see him back in our colours ? : )

For two meetings before he 'retires' again

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Delighted to hear that he is on the mend and back on a bike. That said there are many other off track issues that i fear will always follow him around. A frustrating waste of talent much like Lewis Bridger.

Don't think his relation to Richard Hall helps

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

YES they do . Richard is his step Dad . The poster is talking about JPB's personal life of which they know nothing and should explain their post in more depth before spreading such rubbish.

Not spreading any rubbish... Just saying, don't think Richard is the greatest speedway role model... I am aware what goes on in that family... Unfortunately

5 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Sorry to say your information is a little "out of date".

Indeed it is

Why did Birmingham not include Danyon Hume in the team at the start of the season?

He has been an absolute class act for Leicester Cubs, both on and off track. Ellis Perks has achieved an average of almost 6 for Leicester Lions this season, yet Danyon is, I would say, just about the better rider for the Cubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Why did Birmingham not include Danyon Hume in the team at the start of the season?

He has been an absolute class act for Leicester Cubs, both on and off track. Ellis Perks has achieved an average of almost 6 for Leicester Lions this season, yet Danyon is, I would say, just about the better rider for the Cubs.

Agree 100%

Don't understand why BSPA won't let him ride for Eastbourne when he was allowed to ride for and released by Brummies or am I missing something? 

20 minutes ago, HGould said:

Agree 100%

Don't understand why BSPA won't let him ride for Eastbourne when he was allowed to ride for and released by Brummies or am I missing something? 

Yes Eastie are not in the BSPA clique like a number of other clubs and the unwritten rule has been applied. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Agree 100%

Maybe because Leicester Cubs are normally a Saturday track and will be riding in the play offs & cup.

But then again the Lions got Joe Lawlor even though Stoke are Saturday too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Al said:

He might be the better rider for the cubs......I love Danyon, but he's nowhere near as 'good' as Perks imo…...