British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2019

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No Paco Castagna in next Wednesday`s home match against Berwick- he will be in Russia for the European pairs final.

Do they get a guest for that? 

Ten Changes for Brummies in 2019 . Just 2 out the 10 were due to injury . The team manager has not got a clue . That is why there has been ten team changes.

Who was team manager of Mildenhall 2007 ?? Were they successful after all the changes ? 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ten Changes for Brummies in 2019 . Just 2 out the 10 were due to injury . The team manager has not got a clue . That is why there has been ten team changes.

Who was team manager of Mildenhall 2007 ?? Were they successful after all the changes ? 

Think we've all got the message you've got an "issue" with the team manager - can you give it a rest now? The people you are preaching at can't do a fecking thing about it, so what is the point? You need to be directing your bile towards David & Peter Mason - but I guess you know what answer you'd get from that direction!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitten2502 said:

Think we've all got the message you've got an "issue" with the team manager - can you give it a rest now? The people you are preaching at can't do a fecking thing about it, so what is the point? You need to be directing your bile towards David & Peter Mason - but I guess you know what answer you'd get from that direction!

What part would you say is bile ? responding to a question with some facts ?  Your response is as pathetic and typical of the 70+ stick in the muds holding the club back as always . Scared to face reality. Spoke to David about the manager and he took my comments on board . Unlike you he thanked me for my feedback even though it was negative.  

34 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

How exactly is my comment any more pathetic than yours? I can assure you I'm no stick in the mud - I just appreciate that constant sniping is not proactive &  gets you nowhere. You obviously dislike Lawrence, so who is your alternative?

Oh question debate good.

Not sure on who is available to do it but my shortlist would be.

1.Graham Drury (twist his arm out of retirement )

2.Will Pottinger ( my choice 2 years ago) would a local club suit him ?

3.Mitchell Davey ( swinging cookies spanners ) can he do both ?

4.Gary Havelock 

5. Dale Allitt .

What are your thoughts on my suggestions ? 

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Oh question debate good.

4.Gary Havelock 

5. Dale Allitt .

1) We need to move on!

2) Already in a position.

3) Would Mitch be prepared to travel from Scotland week in week out for no pay? Doubt it very much!

4) Sorry - don't rate him.

5) Aren't there health issues still?

Ultimately,  the decision/choice is with the Masons.

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Oh question debate good.

4.Gary Havelock 

5. Dale Allitt .

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

1) We need to move on!

3) Would Mitch be prepared to travel from Scotland week in week out for no pay? Doubt it very much!

5) Already in a position (Promoter at Kings Lynn)

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

5) Already in a position (Promoter at Kings Lynn)

6 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

1) We need to move on!

of them Pottinger would seem most suited.

Local lad and well liked in the sport

all indications are Cradley wont come to tapes next season and a few miles across the West Midlands once a week would seem to be more desirable to a Black County lad surely than a trek down to Sussex where they seem to have more team managers and management than anyone else.

Will would do a great job I'm thinking.

Gerrim in

• Like 3

Will Pottinger got his job as a result of him starting life as an active fan in the campaign to bring Cradley Heathens back into existence. So if one fan can do it, and do it well, why rely on any of the other established names? Why not let fans have a day in the hot seat? What have the Brummies to lose this year?

So how about ProudtobeaBrummie being given the reins for one of this years home meetings?

In fact, to all those fans who fancy it, wouldn't it be fun to see the management running a "Speedway Apprentice" event. Now that's something that I suspect Graham Drury would come out of retirement for, to play a Lord Sir Alan Sugar role, ably assisted by Denise Drury and Arthur Browning in the roles of Karren Brady and Claude Littner.

That'll sort out those who have the questions for the forums from those who have the answers to put into practise.

Lets see how the would be managers deal with real life events like the phone call from the rider who's van has broken down en-route, or the track curator who's reported that the track tractor has broken down or the shale supplier who's run out of shale.

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Will Pottinger got his job as a result of him starting life as an active fan in the campaign to bring Cradley Heathens back into existence. So if one fan can do it, and do it well, why rely on any of the other established names? Why not let fans have a day in the hot seat? What have the Brummies to lose this year?

So how about ProudtobeaBrummie being given the reins for one of this years home meetings?

In fact, to all those fans who fancy it, wouldn't it be fun to see the management running a "Speedway Apprentice" event. Now that's something that I suspect Graham Drury would come out of retirement for, to play a Lord Sir Alan Sugar role, ably assisted by Denise Drury and Arthur Browning in the roles of Karren Brady and Claude Littner.

That'll sort out those who have the questions for the forums from those who have the answers to put into practise.

Lets see how the would be managers deal with real life events like the phone call from the rider who's van has broken down en-route, or the track curator who's reported that the track tractor has broken down or the shale supplier who's run out of shale.

I'd say main asset would be for team manager to be a qualified electrician.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

UK M..... Positive discrimination should come into play here.  So a Brummie accent should be high on the agenda for the applicants.  (Martin you know what comes next ;)).   Also to replace the current incumbent a full working knowledge of a calculator is a must.

• Like 1