British Speedway Forum

2019 GSAs

With there now being a conversion rate for riders doubling up/down, have the BSPA released which of these averages will be used for riders riding in both leagues.

For example Harris has a  Premiership average of 7.78, and a Championship average of 7.71. If you convert the Premier league average it will be a lot higher than his current one in the Championship.

For me if you wish to reduce the amount of doubling up/down, the higher of the two averages when converted should be used.

• Like 7

Just now, woodenspoon said:

With there now being a conversion rate for riders doubling up/down, have the BSPA released which of these averages will be used for riders riding in both leagues.

For example Harris has a  Premiership average of 7.78, and a Championship average of 7.71. If you convert the Premier league average it will be a lot higher than his current one in the Championship.

For me if you wish to reduce the amount of doubling up/down, the higher of the two averages when converted should be used.

If the 2018 rule is still in place then riders with 2 averages from the same season use the one appropriate to the league they're riding in. If they are from different seasons then the latest one is used, converted if necessary.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The final 2018 Greensheets are now on the BSPA website as of this morning.  I assume they are all correct as there are one or two unexpected averages on the list imo.

Do you still have to take the 2.5% reduction off these ?

11 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

No, those are the reduced figures.

Ok thanks for the info as only asked the question as when looking at Danny King at Leicester he was 6.46 but in the final set he was up to 6.52 and with out riding ?

7 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

See my edit above. I was wrong.

Ahhhh Thanks Alan .

Its a shame when they bothered to publish these final averages  they could have already taken out the 2.5% reduction for all to see.

Edited by Pob

26 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

So we now know that it isn't all ex-NL/CL riders that get the 2.5% as was stated in the AGM PR. The Aussies & Kiwis that rode in the patriality seasons miss out.

OK. Got that wrong. I wasn't looking at the C column on the previous issue, so we still don't know if Morris, BWD, etc. get the reduction.

Wasn’t Swindon versus Belle Vue on the 27th September the only meeting that should have affected the penultimate set of greensheets? If so, why have so many averages changed outside of the Swindon and Belle Vue teams? Possibly because the Rye House results have been removed?

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Wasn’t Swindon versus Belle Vue on the 27th September the only meeting that should have affected the penultimate set of greensheets? If so, why have so many averages changed outside of the Swindon and Belle Vue teams? Possibly because the Rye House results have been removed?

I'm wondering whether they've included the Play-Offs even though they're not suppose too.

I can't see any other reason for Robert Lambert to go from 9.31 to 9.13.

10 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Somerset have so far signed Harris, Schlein and Covatti on a combined average of around 22. If they sign for a premiership club aswell with the 1.5 multiplier it will be more like 30. Does that mean these riders have chosen championship over the premiership or have Somerset made a big mistake

It seems original Championship averages are being used which is farcical to the new conversion rates. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The Rye House meetings must have been removed. Chris Harris gone from 6.68 on 1st October to 7.78

Yet and I bet Harris is probably pi**ed at that thought. Wonder if he knows as he was flying out today from Heathrow to Abu Dhabi for the Poole Formula one GP jolly up. Could  well cost him at least in Poole (if he was even considered that is for 2019).

Suddenly Morris looks the man to get as he has dropped and is a full 2 points below his 2017 finishing GSA. Who by the way is on the same jolly up thanks to Poole Sponsors etc who have paid all his expenses and was on same plane next to Kurtz and Graz. Those guys flew out of Aussie yesterday and were photographed on the plane and now also on a track walk all looking happy bunnies with the younger members of the Ford family.

The Rye House meetings were removed from the league table the day they were removed from the league.

Why were the riders averages not treated in the same manner?

If the meetings did not count in the league then surely they should not count in the averages either!

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1