British Speedway Forum

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

12 hours ago, nw42 said:

Which part of that manouvre means he turned left then?

When he gets his back wheel to slide out to the right, effectively shutting a door for Bellego that he was more then half way through. I like NP riding, it aways full of effort, but I can see this trait in him that he will do virtually anything to block a rider challenging him. Thats ok to a point, but sometimes he oversteps the mark, and sometimes the referees acts on it.

As for the meeting shown on Eurosport UK, 5 races, thats all we got. If you going to do it do it right or not bother.  If they cant show it live, show a recording at a quieter time, or if restricted for time, show some highlights from the previous 16 races then show the last 5.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great to see Laguta  back he actually looks more focused now than ever, i  hope he qualifies for the GP series in 2020 .For  me at his best he is a top eight rider and he would add more quality to the series.

He will need a wildcard as he didn’t do the qualifiers- not sure he would get one.

It was the wrong hymn, and OneSport has done the same thing twice this year, after Chugunov had won the world u21 round in Poland last month, they did it too. On purpose perhaps?

This is what Wikipedia writes about this outdated and unpopular hymn, that was played for the winner at Güstrow last night:

The lyric-free "Patrioticheskaya Pesnya", composed by Mikhail Glinka, was officially adopted in 1990 by the Supreme Soviet of Russia and confirmed in 1993, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, by the President of the Russian Federation, Boris Yeltsin. This anthem proved to be unpopular with the Russian public and with many politicians and public figures, because of its tune and lack of lyrics, and consequently its inability to inspire Russian athletes during international competitions. The government sponsored contests to create lyrics for the unpopular anthem, but none of the entries were adopted.

Glinka's anthem was replaced soon after Yeltsin's successor, Vladimir Putin, first took office on 7 May 2000. The federal legislature established and approved the music of the National Anthem of the Soviet Union, with newly written lyrics, in December 2000, and it became the second anthem used by Russia after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Yeltsin criticized Putin for supporting the reintroduction of the Soviet-era national anthem even though opinion polls showed that many Russians favored this decision.

13 hours ago, Leicester Lion said:

So what if he was in front, or, more accurately, marginally ahead with his opponent alongside? It doesn't give a rider the right to ride dangerously. If Bellego had been left enough room he wouldn't have crashed. 

I saw a view from behind.   There was room but Bellego hit a pile of dirt against the fence which unsettled him.   Probably the same view the ref saw which allowed him to make his decision.

Just now, Mark said:

I saw a view from behind.   There was room but Bellego hit a pile of dirt against the fence which unsettled him.   Probably the same view the ref saw which allowed him to make his decision.

Yes that view made it clear that it was Bellego's accident not due to illegal the riding of Pedersen.

Reality is Pedersen has gained himself such a 'reputation' that most people cannot objectively see beyond. And he can only blame himself for that as he was such a dirty git way too often in the past.

1 minute ago, Grand Central said:

Yes that view made it clear that it was Bellego's accident not due to illegal the riding of Pedersen.

Reality is Pedersen has gained himself such a 'reputation' that most people cannot objectively see beyond. And he can only blame himself for that as he was such a dirty git way too often in the past.

Pedersen was in print saying he was a too aggressive earlier in his career but I can't think of anything he's done in recent times that is worse than other riders.   Zmarszik, Lindgren, Doyle have all pulled off moves far worse than Pedersen did.   Madsen nearly put Fricke through the fence in a GP semi final but hardly a word said. 

• Like 1

Yes I agree about recent history.

But I don't think he can get away with 'spinning' his past as being 'too aggressive', that does not wash. He was often nasty, dirty and deliberately intent on taken riders out. That went way beyond what we can accept as being just youthful aggression.

Good that the referee saw it correctly last night.

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Pedersen was in print saying he was a too aggressive earlier in his career but I can't think of anything he's done in recent times that is worse than other riders.   Zmarszik, Lindgren, Doyle have all pulled off moves far worse than Pedersen did.   Madsen nearly put Fricke through the fence in a GP semi final but hardly a word said. 

Not a fan of Pedersen but you are totally right Madsen got away with murder the other week with Fricke . It was only the professional attitude of Max that made him stay on thought Nicki was ruthless but was it an exclusion for Nicki a hard one to call.

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not a fan of Pedersen but you are totally right Madsen got away with murder the other week with Fricke . It was only the professional attitude of Max that made him stay on thought Nicki was ruthless but was it an exclusion for Nicki a hard one to call.

when Pedersen retires there will be nothing left to talk about if the sports rulers continue to have the bigger meetings on boring tracks.     Gustrow was another boring meeting so we are talking about Pedersen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

Yes I agree about recent history.

But I don't think he can get away with 'spinning' his past as being 'too aggressive', that does not wash. He was often nasty, dirty and deliberately intent on taken riders out. That went way beyond what we can accept as being just youthful aggression.

Good that the referee saw it correctly last night.

I wrote too aggressive.   That wasn't the quote from Pedersen and cant remember what he said

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Did Pedersen know the dirt was piled up near the fence?

Pedersen knows that if he closes the door on Bellego but is still in front he is unlikely to get excluded.  I think the reason NP has so many more of these incidents is because:

(1) he is vulnerable to the big blast round the outside. He's been under powered for the last 4-5 years

(2) he's proper a dirty rider

Still love him though!

5 hours ago, James Carter said:

Pedersen knows that if he closes the door on Bellego but is still in front he is unlikely to get excluded.  I think the reason NP has so many more of these incidents is because:

(1) he is vulnerable to the big blast round the outside. He's been under powered for the last 4-5 years

(2) he's proper a dirty rider

Still love him though!

He can't really be underpowered can he?  You can't be underpowered for so long?  If that is the case and sometimes it looks that way, then he needs different engine sponsors and new staff?  I think he is just on the downward slope but still can be good to watch. :t: