British Speedway Forum

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

7 minutes ago, burton1 said:

Looked like pedersen turned left down the straight ,an old gollob move from back in the day.bellego is lucky the rider behind didn't collect him.

turned left ?    that is one thing he didn't do as bellego was on his outside.

24 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Who said it would be heat 17 when Eurosport UK came on air :D

What a disgrace. Has any channel  ever put on a live event after three quarters of it  are over. Be interesting what their thinking  is but we will never know. I wonder what Joe Public would make of this if they had just joined it

31 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

What a disgrace. Has any channel  ever put on a live event after three quarters of it  are over. Be interesting what their thinking  is but we will never know. I wonder what Joe Public would make of this if they had just joined it

Totally agree. Perhaps we should all lobby ITV 4 to make a bid for speedway. They had darts from Germany on tonight so right country wrong sport. Well done to Laguta. Be interesting to see what Eurosport do with future rounds. If they cannot be bothered, allow someone else to live stream it but stop treating speedway supporters with such contempt

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Another bland TV meeting with only a couple of really good races.     I'm starting to lose interest in the sport.    I badly need an exciting meeting to get the season started.     

Tomorrow`s Polish championships final(IMP). Leszno should prove some excitement, although the field is not the greatest- bit of a class difference between top and bottom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Ermolenko showing his anti Nicki bias again. Bellego had enough room, Nicki was in front IMHO

So what if he was in front, or, more accurately, marginally ahead with his opponent alongside? It doesn't give a rider the right to ride dangerously. If Bellego had been left enough room he wouldn't have crashed. 

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Totally agree. Perhaps we should all lobby ITV 4 to make a bid for speedway. They had darts from Germany on tonight so right country wrong sport. Well done to Laguta. Be interesting to see what Eurosport do with future rounds. If they cannot be bothered, allow someone else to live stream it but stop treating speedway supporters with such contempt

It`s not an easy fix i`m afraid- With Onesport being a Polish company and holding the rights to the SEC and world U21, their  number one target area is Poland and i should imagine that Eurosport Poland did the contract and promised them live coverage of both comps in Poland. To be fair to One sport in previous years they have provided English commentary internet coverage of the U 21`s when Eleven Sport Poland had the contract. Obviously Eurosport Poland cannot dictate to the other Eurosport countries what they show live(Germany doesn`t show them at all !!!!). Below is an email i sent to Eurosport UK last Saturday.

PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL TO THE EUROSPORT UK PROGRAMME SCHEDULE CONTROLLER

Dear sirs, Eurosport this year are showing the 3rd and 4th most important world speedway competitions namely 1/ speedway European championships(SEC) 4 rounds 2/ World U21 championships 3 rounds. The Promoters are a Polish company(Onesport) so maybe the contract was agreed and signed by Eurosport Poland.

I have been involved in UK Speedway racing for over 50 years as a fan and in management, and would like to make some observations on how Eurosport UK are scheduling these 2 competitions in 2019.

the 1st round of the World U21 competition was held on Saturday June 22nd- it was shown live on Eurosport Poland and i believe on Eurosport player here in the UK. The 1st showing on TV was an hour highlights on Tuesday morning 25th, and the programme started at heat 19 out of 23 races !!!!

The 1st final of the SEC competition is next Saturday July 13th from Gustrow Germany. The meeting starts at 1900 local time(1800 here in the UK) with once again Eurosport Poland showing the whole match live. Eurosport UK goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins which undoubtedly will mean British viewers will join the action at about race 17 of a 22 race programme !!!

Speedway fans like myself get frustrated at missing races, and myself and others would far prefer you showing the whole meeting on "delayed live" ie show next Saturday`s whole meeting for 3 hours from 19.45, if you cannot programme the meeting live because of other sport on the 2 channels. We can keep away from checking scores until transmission starts. you are sending 2 commentators to the tracks for the 7 rounds so i would think you would like to get the maximum viewing figures you can get.

• Thanks 1