British Speedway Forum

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

21 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Are these meetings covered by Eurosport once we get to the actual Championship ?

Yes all the 4 finals are on Eurosport- it remains to be seen however  if the whole meetings will be seen on British Eurosport as they have plenty of other live  sports they cover in the summer. All meetings will be fully live on Polish Eurosport.

Edited by racers and royals

On 5/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, racers and royals said:

From the SEC website

Five spots in SEC 2019 are alredy reserved for Leon Madsen, Jarosław Hampel, Robert Lambert, Mikkel Michelsen and Antonio Lindbaeck (TOP 5 of 2018). Next five are secured for SEC Challenge's top. Last spots will go to permanent "wild cards" and a single "wild card" for each round.

Edit therefore 5 wildcards(can`t be GP riders) Nicki Pedersen is a cert to get one.

G Laguta and MJJ,  Bellago, Woryna and Milik all qualify from this afternoon’s challenge

Edited by racers and royals

It's hard to make a case for any other brits, maybe Harris just on the back of his name.

I think given a shot Bewley or S Worrall could do a job, but niether have enough club form let alone international level form to spark much enthusiasm for either outside of the UK.

3 hours ago, James Carter said:

Laguta was on another level in that match. If I was Anders Thomsen I'd be calling WADA 

Come on, man, be fair and give Laguta credit were credit is due. He is a great speedway rider ! I woudl dearly love to see him ride as a wild card in one or other of the upcoming SGP rounds. He would ruffle a few feathers there, for sure !

Thomsen could rather challenge the referee's verdict when Woryna came down and he go the blame for that in the all deciding "last chance" heat. That was a harsh decision, that went against Thomsen.     

15 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Come on, man, be fair and give Laguta credit were credit is due. He is a great speedway rider ! I woudl dearly love to see him ride as a wild card in one or other of the upcoming SGP rounds. He would ruffle a few feathers there, for sure !

Thomsen could rather challenge the referee's verdict when Woryna came down and he go the blame for that in the all deciding "last chance" heat. That was a harsh decision, that went against Thomsen.     

I'm only kidding about WADA. Then again I am a bad loser so I'd still do it. He was so good though especially in his 5th race. Hope he gives Lublin that extra fire power they lack and they can avoid relegation

• Like 1

G Laguta missed 2 years is it. Sees his brother in the GPs, if he has any career aspirations then surely he wants to be in the GP too. I thik he is a better racer then Artum (bit of a gater) so I hope he does well this year. 

Is Gregori in the SGP qualifiers, he should be so he can gain a place in next years GPs.

Edited by OveFundinFan

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

G Laguta missed 2 years is it. Sees his brother in the GPs, if he has any career aspirations then surely he wants to be in the GP too. I thik he is a better racer then Artum (bit of a gater) so I hope he does well this year. 

Is Gregori in the SGP qualifiers, he should be so he can gain a place in next years GPs.

Hopefully Gregori is in the qualifiers, however Russia only have 3 places- he is not the 2 in Zarnovica- so that leaves just the last one in the french qualifier.

54 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really great to see Laguta back at his best a class act, would love to see him join his brother in the series at some stage.

Time is slowly running out for Grigory, I think he's 37y/o now. Should be given at least a one-off wild card for one of the GPs this year, perhaps anywhere in Poland (Torun or Wroclaw), as the Poles already have enoug riders in it. but I know this won't happen, as they rather let some local youngsters ride instead. Such a shame to miss out on seeing Grigory Laguta in the SGP.  

Further, he won't even be in the Russian pairs squad for the SoN finals in Togliattim, as they surely will give Artem Laguta and Emil Sayfutdinov, plus U21 Gleb Chugunov, the Chance to defend their title this year.   

What a shame that we don't have the SWC any more. No proper teams' competiton, only this pairs gimmick. Shame on You, FIM,  and shame on You Mr. Armando Castagna. Your Italians are stil not good enough to mix it with the leading nations even in a pairs competition, when You son rides together with an Argentinean with Italian ancestry. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Time is slowly running out for Grigory, I think he's 37y/o now. Should be given at least a one-off wild card for one of the GPs this year, perhaps anywhere in Poland (Torun or Wroclaw), as the Poles already have enoug riders in it. but I know this won't happen, as they rather let some local youngsters ride instead. Such a shame to miss out on seeing Grigory Laguta in the SGP.  

Further, he won't even be in the Russian pairs squad for the SoN finals in Togliattim, as they surely will give Artem Laguta and Emil Sayfutdinov, plus U21 Gleb Chugunov, the Chance to defend their title this year.   

What a shame that we don't have the SWC any more. No proper teams' competiton, only this pairs gimmick. Shame on You, FIM,  and shame on You Mr. Armando Castagna. Your Italians are stil not good enough to mix it with the leading nations even in a pairs competition, when You son rides together with an Argentinean with Italian ancestry. 

Like you a real fan and i still believe he is in the top 20 riders in the world.

• Like 1