British Speedway Forum

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

11 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

As Rory Schlien is eligible to ride in the British Final, would he also be able to try to qualify for the SEC?

Yes - and I seem to recall he as already ridden in the European Championship as an ACU nominee.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Speedway_European_Championship_qualification

Edited by arnieg

Just watched meeting from Vojen's much better meeting than I expect from that track! Heats 5-8 & 17 to the end produced some great racing.

Lebedevs & MJJ were the entertainers in chief. I do wish a Premiership team would persuade the Latvian to do a full season here.

Horrible incident that saw Lindback injured, how Kildemande wasn't excluded I do not know. Jacobsen could surely have done better to avoid the Swede.

Dave Rowe kept saying the final round was in Gorzow? I thought it was in Katowice?

Haven't looked at the overall standings after this yet, but imagine it's wide open with Madsen missing the meeting & Laguta failing to make the top 6.

12 minutes ago, Col said:

Just watched meeting from Vojen's much better meeting than I expect from that track! Heats 5-8 & 17 to the end produced some great racing.

Lebedevs & MJJ were the entertainers in chief. I do wish a Premiership team would persuade the Latvian to do a full season here.

Horrible incident that saw Lindback injured, how Kildemande wasn't excluded I do not know. Jacobsen could surely have done better to avoid the Swede.

Dave Rowe kept saying the final round was in Gorzow? I thought it was in Katowice?

Haven't looked at the overall standings after this yet, but imagine it's wide open with Madsen missing the meeting & Laguta failing to make the top 6.

The only thing that persuades riders these days is money, something speedway clubs in Britiain don't have much of. I saw Lebedevs at Berwick a few year ago in the World U21 finals. Certainly livened the meeting up.

52 minutes ago, Col said:

Dave was saying CHORZOW ( Slaski stadium)

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

The only thing that persuades riders these days is money, something speedway clubs in Britiain don't have much of.

If Swindon can afford Doyle, Poole Kurtz etc etc

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Dave was saying CHORZOW ( Slaski stadium)

I see. Which is where the world finals from "Katowice" were held. Is that the only remaining venue left that hosted a World final that still has a speedway track?

Seen standings. Looks like shoot out between Pedersen & Laguta. Michelson 3 behind, big ask to make that up in a single meeting.

2 minutes ago, Col said:

If Swindon can afford Doyle, Poole Kurtz etc etc

I see. Which is where the world finals from "Katowice" were held. Is that the only remaining venue left that hosted a World final that still has a speedway track?

Seen standings. Looks like shoot out between Pedersen & Laguta. Michelson 3 behind, big ask to make that up in a single meeting.

They put the track in like Warsaw/ Cardiff

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Wroclaw, Havelock 92. Duh!

13 minutes ago, bruno said:

Thought Sam won in Germany

Correct; Pocking.

Vojens was in 88 and 94 - the very last World Final.

I just thought it hilarious that this thread was about a recent meeting at Vojens, and when asking about World Finals that still had a track, Vojens wasn't mentioned!!!

Do they still race at Pocking?

Edit : Just checked, and Pocking is still active, so there is another one.

Steve

Edited by chunky

15 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Watched this through Esport player. Ermolenko really wasnt as bad as people on here say.

Haha. Just comes out with some nonsense at times. I prefer him to Tatum yelling and going "Ummm".

Current standings (according to

http://www.fim-europe.eu/events/657

[although this claims to be the European Ice Speedway Championship]

Championship Standing

Pos No Competitor Nationality Federation Make Total Güstrow Toruń Vojens
F1 F2 F3
1 111 Grigorij Laguta Russia MFR   34 15 12 7
2 110 Nicki Pedersen Denmark DMU   33 8 11 14
3 155 Mikkel Michelsen Denmark DMU   30 7 8 15
4 223 Kacper Woryna Poland PZM   29 8 10 11
5 115 Bartosz Smektała Poland PZM   29 12 7 10
6 52 Michael Jepsen Jensen Denmark DMU   27 10 6 11
7 30 Leon Madsen Denmark DMU   26 11 15 DNR
8 744 Kai Huckenbeck Germany DMSB   22 9 5 8
9 33 Jarosław Hampel Poland PZM   19 7 8 4
10 225 Václav Milik Czechia ACCR   17 8 4 5
11 85 Antonio Lindback Sweden SVEMO   13 11 2 0
12 323 Paweł Przedpełski Poland PZM   13 3 8 2
13 505 Robert Lambert Great Britain ACU   12 4 8  
14 415 David Bellego France FFM   12 8 4  
15 16 Adrian Miedzinski Poland PZM   9   9  
16 98 Timo Lahti Finland SML   9     9
17 29 Andzejs Lebedevs Latvia LaMSF   8     8
18 18 Andreas Lyager Denmark DMU   7     7
19 17 Fredrik Jakobsen Denmark DMU   7     7
20 11 Anders Thomsen Denmark DMU   6 3 3

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Current standings (according to

http://www.fim-europe.eu/events/657

[although this claims to be the European Ice Speedway Championship]

Championship Standing

Pos No Competitor Nationality Federation Make Total Güstrow Toruń Vojens
F1 F2 F3
1 111 Grigorij Laguta Russia MFR   34 15 12 7
2 110 Nicki Pedersen Denmark DMU   33 8 11 14
3 155 Mikkel Michelsen Denmark DMU   30 7 8 15
4 223 Kacper Woryna Poland PZM   29 8 10 11
5 115 Bartosz Smektała Poland PZM   29 12 7 10
6 52 Michael Jepsen Jensen Denmark DMU   27 10 6 11
7 30 Leon Madsen Denmark DMU   26 11 15 DNR
8 744 Kai Huckenbeck Germany DMSB   22 9 5 8
9 33 Jarosław Hampel Poland PZM   19 7 8 4
10 225 Václav Milik Czechia ACCR   17 8 4 5
11 85 Antonio Lindback Sweden SVEMO   13 11 2 0
12 323 Paweł Przedpełski Poland PZM   13 3 8 2
13 505 Robert Lambert Great Britain ACU   12 4 8  
14 415 David Bellego France FFM   12 8 4  
15 16 Adrian Miedzinski Poland PZM   9   9  
16 98 Timo Lahti Finland SML   9     9
17 29 Andzejs Lebedevs Latvia LaMSF   8     8
18 18 Andreas Lyager Denmark DMU   7     7
19 17 Fredrik Jakobsen Denmark DMU   7     7
20 11 Anders Thomsen Denmark DMU   6 3 3

any one of the top 6 can win.     Pedersen made up 8pts, is that right, to win a couple of years ago

17 minutes ago, bruno said:

Must admit i couldn't remember but Havvy was on 9 with Sam on 12 and they met in heat 20. Sam came last but Havvy only managed 3rd

No Sam had definitely won after ht 16. He was unbeaten and the next highest scorer had 8 pts. I remember riders congratulating him before he came out for ht 20