British Speedway Forum

2019 Championship Confirmed Signings

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Did either ride in the NL or CL

BWD holds a British Passport and rode in the NL for Eastbourne.

All five of them rode in the NL/CL and did so as Aussies/ New Zealanders ( with dual nationality?) Schlein and Davey have since become naturalized British citizens. The other three I mentioned ( plus Nick Morris) still seem to ride as Australian/ New Zealanders.

In the past the SCB rulebook has referred to holding a British passport as being the acid test. How the definition is drawn this year remains to be seen.

• Like 1

2019 Bandits just announced at fans forum

Aaron Summers 

Kevin Doolan 

Leon Flint 

Coty Garcia

Danny Gappmaier 

Jye Etheridge

Nikolai Busk Jacobsen 

Gary Flint is team manager

• Sad 1

Not had much experience with double up / down and average calculations, so could someone run through Craig Cooks average for me please. He is shown as 7.73 on the final green sheet averages for Belle Vue, how does this get to the 10.45 shown in this thread against Glasgow?

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, woofers said:

Not had much experience with double up / down and average calculations, so could someone run through Craig Cooks average for me please. He is shown as 7.73 on the final green sheet averages for Belle Vue, how does this get to the 10.45 shown in this thread against Glasgow?

He rode for Glasgow last year? so his 2018 figure - 2.5% for NL reduction.

17 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He rode for Glasgow last year? so his 2018 figure - 2.5% for NL reduction.

Oh, OK, apologies, I was thinking that you took the Premiership average and applied the relevant factor, I didn’t look to see if there was an attained Championship average, my mistake. 

So the 1.5 Premiership to Championship calculation would only apply to those riding in a Premiership team and then riding in the Championship for the first time?

Only 8 places left now and 8 Brits unsigned:

If Kennett, Lawson and Wajtknecht go to Eastbourne and Dan Bewley and Adam Ellis sit out the PL, it’s down to Newcastle to consider Morley, Hume and Phillips rather than the Euro stocking fillers.

Update: Wright, Barker, Bacon, Smith and Greaves signed for Redcar.

Edited by DC2

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only 15 places left now.

Let’s hope the remaining Brits get signed:

Lawson, Wright, Barker, Ellis, Wajtknecht, Shanes, Morley, Bacon, Hume etc

.... and Dan Bewley .... and Smith, Phillips and Greaves

Wright, Barker, Bacon, Smith and Greaves could all end up at the same club...