British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

On 11/30/2018 at 12:06 PM, GoldenGauntlet said:

Definitely won't be Leicester Cubs - there's a Twitter poll and the options are, err, Rapids, Sliders, Broncos, and Magic.

In that case it will be " Bikey McBikeface"

• Haha 3

I suggest a team name which provides an acknowledgement to Beaumont Park stadium having been built on top of a rubbish tip, or  Beaumont Leys former location as a sewage farm. Leicester Landfillers? Leicester Loggers?

6 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

Its looking quite likely now that all but 1 lions rider 2019 will be an English rider. Maybe thats so they have a better understanding of the accent from the new manager.  Joking apart though, I feel he'll get the best out the team then the rest is up to them. 

Not sure what your basing the nearly all English team on, but since the owner has now sorted his Sheffield team out, Lions supporters will hopefully soon find out what is left to actually come out of  the pipeline which the manager has previously said fans will be excited about. 

So with Josh Bates's average - is it confirmed if it will be reduced due to being out injured for a season? If so, and with Thomas having his aversge discounted, there could be scope for someone around 8 to come in to form a good spearhead with Scotty? Or a 7+ a 5? 

Whilst there is an opinion that we have a strong pairing at reserve, which is important, I feel that teams challenging for honours need a top two that can provide clout in heats 13  & 15. I would therefore hope that one of the remaining riders to be announced is a proven 7+ rider at this level.

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Whilst there is an opinion that we have a strong pairing at reserve, which is important, I feel that teams challenging for honours need a top two that can provide clout in heats 13  & 15. I would therefore hope that one of the remaining riders to be announced is a proven 7+ rider at this level.

Richie Worrall has a very strong connection with the manager;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Absolutely correct. Having good reserves means Lions beat other reserves, but there is no certainty that they will get similar outcomes v opposition riders from the main body of the team hence a big need to anchor the top end and another high 7+ points rider is a prerequisite otherwise it will be a struggle to consistently gain an overall points advantage out of the last four heats.

52 minutes ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

The difference between having a 2.00 rider(s) at reserve and a 4.00 rider at reserve will be very significant this year more than any other season also between winning and losing matches

Very much depends on the individual riders. There are 2.00ers who are very much on the up and 4.00ers who have stagnated at that level for years.

• Like 4