British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

13 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

That’s a fair point. Time will tell I guess. 

I'd like to bet they will be called the Cubs as that makes sense really being as the 1st team are the Lions. Mind you this is Speedway so who knows. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I'd like to bet they will be called the Cubs as that makes sense really being as the 1st team are the Lions. Mind you this is Speedway so who knows. :D

You’re spot on it is the Cubs 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

Pretty sure josh has had a few practices around BP and ryan has been racing back home 

Practise till the cows come home you ask any rider they will tell you that you only get your race head & fitness back when you come to the tapes with 3 other riders trying to earn some money. So that fact Josh has/hasn’t been practising & Ryan has been riding in Aus doesn’t fill me with any more optimism. 

23 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

Good news. Just please don't call them the Lion Cubs.

Named on NL pages of SGB website "NL Teams"  as the Leicester Cubs (not Lion Cubs)

Edited by 1 valve

3 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

Definitely won't be Leicester Cubs - there's a Twitter poll and the options are, err, Rapids, Sliders, Broncos, and Magic.

I couldn't even bring myself to vote on any of those as i wouldn't want to be responsible for the disappointment of the Leicester riders/supporters. Sliders & Broncos are just cringey embarrassing.

I was going to suggest that, since it's an open twitter poll, all fans of rival clubs would vote for the most embarrassing option to lumber Leicester with.

But all 4 options are highly embarrassing, so that's ruined that bit of fun.

I'm guessing the four options were selected by a 60 year old man trying to be down with the kids and getting it all wrong.

• Like 1