British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which would make the change in conversion rate largely pointless until all current doubling up riders retire

I've said the same. All the low points limit is going to do is put second strings out of jobs! It's such an illogical plan drummed up at the AGM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Nicholls it is, along with Connor Mountain.

Well that's two signings from opposite ends of the skill/experience/age spectrums. But a good balance start to 2019 team building.

Any chance they failed to mention to Scott that the Lions are racing on Saturdays in 2019 :unsure:

2 hours ago, adonis said:

well  chamionship is not like premiership , you race every week ,one of the things that makes it a better league , so I can't them not racing every other week because the GP is on

Ignoring March (too cold for anything) and October (play offs) I reckon that there are 26 Saturdays in the rest of the Summer. No doubt there will be a couple of home meetings on bank holiday Mondays and at least a couple of home meetings on the alternative race night (whatever that is!). This gives a total of 30 dates for home meetings of which there will be 11 in the Championship (if two teams come up from the National league), 3 in the Shield and up to 4 (including the final) in the KOC giving a total of 18. During the same period, based on last season, there will be 9 G.Ps. This would still leave 3 dates free for rain offs and all of October for play offs (if we should be so lucky) so I think that Scott could still double up between the Championship and the GPs although there might be the odd occasion that he will be missing if we have a bad Summer weather wise.

13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Ignoring March (too cold for anything) and October (play offs) I reckon that there are 26 Saturdays in the rest of the Summer. No doubt there will be a couple of home meetings on bank holiday Mondays and at least a couple of home meetings on the alternative race night (whatever that is!). This gives a total of 30 dates for home meetings of which there will be 11 in the Championship (if two teams come up from the National league), 3 in the Shield and up to 4 (including the final) in the KOC giving a total of 18. During the same period, based on last season, there will be 9 G.Ps. This would still leave 3 dates free for rain offs and all of October for play offs (if we should be so lucky) so I think that Scott could still double up between the Championship and the GPs although there might be the odd occasion that he will be missing if we have a bad Summer weather wise.

yes ok I give in you win.

And the third rider will be announced at the Supporters Club function on Saturday night - be interested to see who it is. With Scott & Connor already in place its not obvious if we are building a top heavy team or a strength in depth, either way its bloody hard building to 38 points. Who would want to be a team manager but at least ours appears to have a plan.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

Season ticket holders might get a decent discount on those swanky Italian designer shirts he models?

Talking of season ticket holders getting a discount, had an e-mail from the club today saying because of Rye House folding last season & one meeting not taking place ,£17 will be knocked of next seasons renewal. So credit were credits due, because this hasn't happened before in past seasons.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

And the third rider will be announced at the Supporters Club function on Saturday night - be interested to see who it is. With Scott & Connor already in place its not obvious if we are building a top heavy team or a strength in depth, either way its bloody hard building to 38 points. Who would want to be a team manager but at least ours appears to have a plan.

Could it be Josh Bates?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Talking of season ticket holders getting a discount, had an e-mail from the club today saying because of Rye House folding last season & one meeting not taking place ,£17 will be knocked of next seasons renewal. So credit were credits due, because this hasn't happened before in past seasons.

certainly hasn't , when they failed to honour the refund for the kings lynn match that didn't get run , it costs them at least 2 season tickets that I know of .

• Like 1