British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

17 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think they Can try and get Danyon reassessed 

Just now, W9 Lion said:

Do tell - this is going to have to be very good allowing h has a CL average riding for Ipswich last year.

It would be great to see Danyon fixed up anywhere but very cheeky if its allowed at Leicester however it helps when you have owners in high places.....

14 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think they Can try and get Danyon reassessed 

Rumours on Sunday that the BSPA mafia have already reassessed certain riders who currently don't have a championship team 

Those same ' members ' have already approached these riders for their own teams before going public with the changes.

Coincidence that Leicester are now making a change?

Usual stuff from the mafia

• Like 1

Rumours from a friend who knows ..................................................

Are the "members" the committee of 5 or all the promoters that constitute the "members" who meet up at Rugby almost every month. Those who want to make changes will & those who persevere with who they have got will not, for another month or 2 at least.

Only the Top table meet every month and even then it can be just three of them , the other promoters just get minutes of the meeting a month later. The promoters only get together when summonsed .

The top table have been caught out making behind closed decisions on several previous occasions, ask the ' Ged Father '.

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Rumours on Sunday that the BSPA mafia have already reassessed certain riders who currently don't have a championship team 

Those same ' members ' have already approached these riders for their own teams before going public with the changes.

Coincidence that Leicester are now making a change?

Usual stuff from the mafia

Leicester have been forced I to make a change.

The rider has left the club rather than the club sacked the rider to get another one in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Stepping down is the same as withholding his services and hence a 28 day ban awaits. 

I suppose that helps Leicester then as they don’t have to name a replacement and use a guest to suite.

Doesn't help Jack though and another reason the ‘ 2 point average’ attraction to clubs was misplaced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GWC said:

I suppose that helps Leicester then as they don’t have to name a replacement and use a guest to suite.

Doesn't help Jack though and another reason the ‘ 2 point average’ attraction to clubs was misplaced.

Jack was caught in no mans land with the 2 point CL incentive and the reduction of NL team building limit. As a rider who is relatively short on experience compared to many it was a big ask to continue his advancement without the regular sharpness & confidence a NL place would have brought. Whilst the weekend home team must have been appealing along with greatly reduced travel a patchy fixture list can struggle to keep the interest of a rider of his age. Sometimes things can come too easy and the desire starts to fade when things get tough. Jacks a good lad though and i wish him well whatever he chooses to do.

It does reflect the dilemma the CL is now.Too strong for the majority of NL riders trying to moving up and a refuge for PL riders wanting more rides.

I don’t see how it will change unless we have a strong PL and large enough to stop riders dropping down.

Unfortunately it will probably result in a much weaker CL if it survives in its current format. 

6 minutes ago, GWC said:

It does reflect the dilemma the CL is now.Too strong for the majority of NL riders trying to moving up and a refuge for PL riders wanting more rides.

I don’t see how it will change unless we have a strong PL and large enough to stop riders dropping down.

Unfortunately it will probably result in a much weaker CL if it survives in its current format. 

British League of 14-16 Clubs and a National Development League of 8-10 Clubs

No doubling up apart from NDL to reserves

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Is Edwards the new No 7 then?

Good signing for them if he is; might be a bit soon but he'll do well there.

The press release just says he steps in for the 2 matches against Redcar, nothing about him being the man to replace Thomas permanently, but I suppose it gives him a chance to impress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Is Edwards the new No 7 then?

Good signing for them if he is; might be a bit soon but he'll do well there.

Don't think he'll do enough matches to get an average, sure he'll be a reserve on 2.00 for Eastbourne next year and really needs another year in the NL, establish himself as a heat leader there, and then do a full season in both leagues next year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Don't think he'll do enough matches to get an average, sure he'll be a reserve on 2.00 for Eastbourne next year and really needs another year in the NL, establish himself as a heat leader there, and then do a full season in both leagues next year. 

I think Eastbourne may have missed the boat as he signed for Mildenhall so they own his contract. I know that as the Brummies had a look at Jason when we made reserve change but Stoneman was preferred.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

I think Eastbourne may have missed the boat as he signed for Mildenhall so they own his contract. I know that as the Brummies had a look at Jason when we made reserve change but Stoneman was preferred.

Can NL clubs hold contracts now?