British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart Dickson in Speedway Star talking about having some work done to the track this month, getting rid of the bumps that he says had got quite bad last season. There was also an item about a 35-rider practice session having took place recently. Surprised there wasn't carnage!

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

There was also an item about a 35-rider practice session having took place recently. Surprised there wasn't carnage!

Hopefully they weren't all on the track at the same time. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cross Roads said:

So who is looking forward to Sunday I certainly am been a long winter. What about the lions fans predictions for the coming season lets hope for a successful safe season for all....

The weather is looking pretty favourable too! :)

On 2/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, Big Al said:

Stewart Dickson in Speedway Star talking about having some work done to the track this month, getting rid of the bumps that he says had got quite bad last season. There was also an item about a 35-rider practice session having took place recently. Surprised there wasn't carnage!

On 2/2/2019 at 5:37 PM, Gemini said:

Hopefully they weren't all on the track at the same time. :D

I heard they tried to avoid problems by having 17 going one way round and 18 in other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Have to say that Josh Bates is beginning to cause me some concern. Yesterday at Ipswich he didn't look fully able to control the bike and there was a comment by Tatum (I think) about him not walking properly. Have his falls so far this season caused his back injury to re-emerge? He began the season in such fine style but its  looking as if things might not be so good now. If the injury is causing problems again, surely its a matter of time before he needs to go back to rehab? Let's hope that isn't the case and that his recent misadventures are a blip, and that more track time, with Peterborough, will be a help rather than a hindrance.