British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2019

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

simon lambert, oysterclub , danny phillips  and my mate james sarjeant . . thats your top 4 .

As they made Sarjeant an asset last season along with Connor Mountain, I would think both will feature. If Josh Bates is fully fit he'll obviously be either at Leicester or Sheffield. Would also love to see NBJ.

Absolutely crucial  to have a very competitive team when you drop down a league. But the reasons seem to be the right ones. Its already been stated by the club that a big hitter No.1 is a must-have, so who will that be?? 

38 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Absolutely crucial  to have a very competitive team when you drop down a league. But the reasons seem to be the right ones. Its already been stated by the club that a big hitter No.1 is a must-have, so who will that be?? 

Would it be Danny King?

42 minutes ago, Big Al said:

WHY ?

1 hour ago, jenga said:

WHY ?

Because interest/crowd levels could really fall off the cliff edge otherwise. Leicester is a city with plenty of sport to go and see, and to compete with the other offerings not just in terms of people choosing how to spend their money and time but also local media interest, the Lions need to be up near the top, because the change in league will be seen as relegation. The hard core loyalists will keep going come what may, but that won't be enough.

if you watch moto GP , 9just when i catch it) you will see that the moto 2/3 boys put on quite a good show . one rider does not run away with it , unlike moto gp boys M.M.

the riders are all still in with a fighting chance of winning, even on the last lap. sure they may not be breaking any records . but they are entertaining as hell . 

so just because people want to see top men thinking they are being entertained, they are not . they are only doing their day job better than the rest at a higher rate of pay .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Al said:

Does this reduction in the total team points mean that somebody with a 2018 average of around 7.5 could be signed, and become a good No.1 in 2019? Think that's what I'd be looking for!

Busk Jacobsen was that quick round Leicester this year he could virtually ride for us at no.1, especially in this new, weaker “championship”

No idea what his average would be but Kim Nilsson would be a great No.1. He was very popular with the fans when he rode for us.

Other names I would consider are Ricky Wells - I understand he is based around Doncaster so a weekly trip to Leicester might be preferable to Edinburgh. Nick Morris and Rory Schlein could be looking for championship clubs seeing as Lakeside/Rye House don't seem to be running and Ipswich have moved up.

I would imagine Connor Mountain will be in one of the reserve spots and I think we would then need a 'big hitter' in the other reserve position.  

Really want to see NBJ back at Berwick again next season but with the club up for sale and his tremendous record as a guest at Leicester it would be a bit silly of him to not make the move, especially as he now has David Howe as a full time mechanic/advisor who lives local to Leicester as well. 

• Like 1

If the conversion rate of 1.5 applies to this year's Premiership averages, with a team limit of 38, I would have thought a premiership 6-6.5 point rider would be realistic for a number one for 2019, so maybe Nicholls, King, Wells, or Even Josh Bates could be the Lions number 1. It would be nice if the BSPA published lists of applicable averages for each league for next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

If the conversion rate of 1.5 applies to this year's Premiership averages, with a team limit of 38, I would have thought a premiership 6-6.5 point rider would be realistic for a number one for 2019, so maybe Nicholls, King, Wells, or Even Josh Bates could be the Lions number 1. It would be nice if the BSPA published lists of applicable averages for each league for next year.

I’ve read somewhere else that if a rider rode and gained an average in both leagues last season,  then the their average for each league would apply in 2019

45 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’ve read somewhere else that if a rider rode and gained an average in both leagues last season,  then the their average for each league would apply in 2019

That was certainly the reg in 2018 but I havent seen it confirmed anywhere as to which figure applies in 2019

If the new conversion isnt applied then reducing doubling will be less effective as the increasing conversion rate will never apply to any rider remaining in both leagues every year

It would then mean they are not affected until they retire which surely defeats the object

• Like 2