British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

Has anyone watched any of the Witches matches on DVD this year? Witches one at Kings Lynn is a shambles. Camera cannot even track A rider let alone any of the other 3.... doesnt help not using a tripod so shaking all the time. Not to mention lack of focus and the "comms" 

The "victory lap" after the race isn't much better... 

Don't know if they all like this.... but won't make me want to try again

• 2 weeks later...

So with the new averages out for August I think they should go with the following line-up.

1. Harris

2. Lawson

3. Heeps

4. Allen

5. King

6. Kennett

7. Pieszczek

It makes sense to put Heeps & Allen back together after their start to the season. Never did understand why they split Harris & Lawson as we need a gator in heat one.

12 minutes ago, Badge said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Richard said he was going to No5 next week??:unsure:

In last weeks post meeting video that you can find on twitter he mentions it

https://twitter.com/i/status/1154633211911331840

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
Link added
  • Thanks 1

Do you think it make sense to put Lawson at 5 when he was doing okay with Harris. Haven't quite worked out why they keep changing the riding order this season when they haven't needed to.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Do you think it make sense to put Lawson at 5 when he was doing okay with Harris. Haven't quite worked out why they keep changing the riding order this season when they haven't needed to.

It looks like they have tried to keep certain pairings together for continuity but that becomes difficult when both reserved move up!

All have performed to such a similar level that the traditional heat leader/second string/reserve distinction isnt really there and so there are no 'natural' positions for any 1 of them!

I don’t think there’s too much odds between king or Lawson at 2/5 I think both are quite adept at popping out of the start in heat 1, but I’d be keen to keep Heeps/Allen together and pair them at 3/4 they’re the pair with the most chemistry on track and two most in form boys in my opinion

8 hours ago, Icicle said:

Congrats for Danny  2nd in Brit Final. Why can't he do that in when in Ippo team?

Lay the shale on and use the stock car track and I reckon he would....

• Like 1

Just a couple of things......

1. By winning heat 20 King got Cook through to the final with him. If Worrall had of won then it would have been him straight through to the final. Worrall would have had 2nd pick in final for gates.  

2. Why pick gate 2? Maybe trying to cover both Inside and outside.  He did neither as gate 2 wasnt great. In fact it had only won 2 heats before Wright won off it in the semi. Gate 3 was the way to go and should have given him the blast off the 2nd bend. 

Don't think we will know the thought processes but a little more thought / advice and should be 2 time British Champ now. 

Well done though as looked quick and right up there.  :drink:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Just a couple of things......

1. By winning heat 20 King got Cook through to the final with him. If Worrall had of won then it would have been him straight through to the final. Worrall would have had 2nd pick in final for gates.  

2. Why pick gate 2? Maybe trying to cover both Inside and outside.  He did neither as gate 2 wasnt great. In fact it had only won 2 heats before Wright won off it in the semi. Gate 3 was the way to go and should have given him the blast off the 2nd bend. 

Don't think we will know the thought processes but a little more thought / advice and should be 2 time British Champ now. 

Well done though as looked quick and right up there.  :drink:

danny has a piece on the star website this afternoon, explaining he's disappointed but also philosophical given this time last year he was wondering if he'd ever ride again let alone be challenging for the british title with his arm injury!

he said it was a toss up between gate 2 and 3 but went with 2 as otherwise he'd have had both cook and wright underneath him, he said at the end of the day the gate position was immaterial he just didn't make a good enough start!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

So with Eddie banned on Thursday.... Scott Nicholls at reserve will do nicely !!!!

Dont think he quite fits