British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

On 6/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Echo Gavans words re Lawrie

An important part of the evolution of Ipswich Speedway was to find and nuture junior talent and Lawrie was one of those who rightly takes his place in the clubs history books

RIP

Was well liked at Peterborough also during the days of the Panthers being Ipswich's main second division team to loan many riders to

• Like 1

If the BSPA site figures for the rolling averages are correct and confirmed then Chris moves back to No1 from July 1st

Cam also moves into the main body of the team with Eddie to reserve

The heat 14 2nd place on Thursday was just enough to keep Nuts above Jake

Good day for the Witches at Peterborough in the championship fours. Danny broke his own track record. Beat cookie in a run off for second overall. Bomber only dropped 2 points from his five rides in helping Somerset win. Kennett, Heeps & Lawson all in the mix and Jake had two rides and hopefully came through with no after effects. Bodes well for when we go there in eight days time.

Noticed that Edward had a number 6 on his machine today so would guess that’s what number he will riding at next month.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Good day for the Witches at Peterborough in the championship fours. Danny broke his own track record. Beat cookie in a run off for second overall. Bomber only dropped 2 points from his five rides in helping Somerset win. Kennett, Heeps & Lawson all in the mix and Jake had two rides and hopefully came through with no after effects. Bodes well for when we go there in eight days time.

Noticed that Edward had a number 6 on his machine today so would guess that’s what number he will riding at next month.

Or, it could be the number of holes he has to drill. *fnar fnar* *ooo suit you sir*

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

4 points at Peterborough 

0 from Belle Vue

1 from Swindon 

I would take that now.....in fact i would be happy with 2 points 

We have on paper easier away matches at Poole and Wolves coming up

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

:D

Related image

Nope not fishing at all

We have won at Peterborough 

We ran Belle Vue close but we had Bellego (top scored with 10)

We lost by 12 at Swindon

Now we only lost by 2 at Poole ..... so yes I see believe that Poole away will be easier to get points than it will be at either Belle Vue or Swindon

We lost by 10 at Wolves but they are in awful form and we also had Bellego that night (scored zero)..... so yes i believe it will be easier to get points at Wolves then at Belle Vue or Swindon.

We have a side that rides Poole quite well and we don’t really have a side that ride Belle Vue that well barring King and Harris (and at the time Bellego).

Lawson goes well at Poole and so does Harris and Allen. KP had 2 wins there and Danny had a shocker. Kennett also goes ok at Poole

So you can call it fishing ..... I just look at things objectively.... more chance of points at Poole and Wolves than at Belle Vue or Swindon

Be interesting to see who’s riding in what position on Monday now the new averages are out... Harris goes back to 1 and kennett to reserve, with Heeps moving into the team.

based on form I may be tempted to put Heeps at 5....! 

Lawson likes heat 1 and is a good trapper so stick him at 2, Danny KP 3/4 Heeps 5, rekindle his partnership with Jake riding at 7

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Nope not fishing at all

We have won at Peterborough 

We ran Belle Vue close but we had Bellego (top scored with 10)

We lost by 12 at Swindon

Now we only lost by 2 at Poole ..... so yes I see believe that Poole away will be easier to get points than it will be at either Belle Vue or Swindon

We lost by 10 at Wolves but they are in awful form and we also had Bellego that night (scored zero)..... so yes i believe it will be easier to get points at Wolves then at Belle Vue or Swindon.

We have a side that rides Poole quite well and we don’t really have a side that ride Belle Vue that well barring King and Harris (and at the time Bellego).

Lawson goes well at Poole and so does Harris and Allen. KP had 2 wins there and Danny had a shocker. Kennett also goes ok at Poole

So you can call it fishing ..... I just look at things objectively.... more chance of points at Poole and Wolves than at Belle Vue or Swindon

I wouldn't fancy your chances at Peterborough or Poole, both are better than they were earlier in the season.

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I wouldn't fancy your chances at Peterborough or Poole, both are better than they were earlier in the season.

I get your point 

But we lost at Lynn and they brought in Cook and we went and got a draw

Would still rather go to Poole and Peterborough than Belle Vue or Swindon

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You would have to fancy your chances against Belle Vue in their current form.

Apart from Poole , Belle Vue have beat everyone at home pretty easily

We took them to 2 points but Bewley had a shocker.

We also had Bellego getting 10 on a track he loves and i cant see Kennett getting anywhere near that. Heeps doesnt go well there and he is in the 1-5 now

Belle Vue are in poor form at home....... we will be lucky to get a anything at their place

I know it is seen by many as anti Poole but i believe we have more riders that go better at Poole then at Belle Vue and would expect a closer match at Wimborne Road

Different teams go well at different tracks

• Haha 1