British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

Kennett can be superb around Foxhall, and has been in fine form in championship so far this season.

I think other than perhaps at Belle vue Eddie is an upgrade all round.

Shame for David it’s not worked as he seems a likeable fella but a change had to be made, best of luck in the future David hope you get fixed up elsewhere

• Like 1

Should have got in there before Lynn,,,, it was always obvious Barry was gonna be dump at any small track 

Just imagine if we had gone for Cook and Rasmus like suggested 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

We’re already unbeaten at home this season and that one change has made fortress Foxhall even more of a fortress. 

Kennett will be far superior to Bellego around the Heath that’s not even up for debate. 

Perfect timing with a dangerous looking Swindon coming up next. 

Well done to those involved (whoever that may be) who decided to act and make the change. 

I know we’ve all been crying out for it, but it could have been easy to hide behind the team doing so well as a reason NOT to change anything. 

Good decision and good signing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We’re already unbeaten at home this season and that one change has made fortress Foxhall even more of a fortress. 

Kennett will be far superior to Bellego around the Heath that’s not even up for debate. 

Perfect timing with a dangerous looking Swindon coming up next. 

Well done to those involved (whoever that may be) who decided to act and make the change. 

I know we’ve all been crying out for it, but it could have been easy to hide behind the team doing so well as a reason NOT to change anything. 

Good decision and good signing. 

Good post,,,, and you did say we are better at making changes now.   I still didn't believe we would do it,,,,,, but we have,, I'm wrong.,,, should now be able to cope better with bombers lower scores at home

I think they had to make the change, with all the clubs below us strengthening up we couldn't afford to sit back just because we are second in the league at the moment. Kennett has been mentioned quite a bit this season and should do a good job. How long before he gets his kevlars & bike covers.

Proves how much the Cook signing was premeditated. Scott Nicholls signs for Peterborough before Cook for KL, but Cook has his kevlars & bike covers but Nicholls doesn't.

• Like 2

Feel sorry for David but its a needed change

I actually think it will bolster us away from home more

Scores of 2,0,0,5,4 and then 10 at Belle vue should easily be bettered by Kennett

At home David had 6,4,4,10,5,0,5..........now i would imagine Eddie will get 4 rides most meetings and might get 6 or 7

So in my opinion yes David was poor at Foxhall but i think the difference will be away.

5 or 6 points where David was getting 2 or 0 would have got us points

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

To me it's a surprise signing, but I have no idea who is/isn't good at Foxhall. At least it's a brit though! 

Its a great signing and will bolster us away from home and make us slightly stronger at home.

I’m not sure about this.  Kennett had a golden year then his bike was found to be turbo charged if I remember correctly.

id prefer Bellego over Kennett in a 2 leg tie against Belle Vue or Swindon.

Edited by chun