British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Deliberately chosen as unless you were a first hand party to the conversations there will always be some element of doubt

I am however content with my belief of the true situation on the balance of probability 

That's the trouble as I've previously stated , it's not the lie's  , it's the untold truth's.

• Like 1

Maybe all that has gone on is a trial run for team squads. East Anglian teams sharing the Chapman preferred riders with media and management centrally controlled by numero one. No one believes any press release let alone the cobblers involving the aging Mr Harris. CL probably did get fed up with the way things had worked out in the lower division and decided to drop out of being responsible for the Witches but sadly if the pre season shenanigans is a foretaste of what is to come, then that is it.

Surely it is time for those promoters who really believe in the sport to make a stand and form a break away branch. While it may be too late for the East Anglian teams who knows what could come out of a rival authority with a vision to take the sport forward.

Nothing on the team building front or the press releases are likely to entice new supporters or win back those who have drifted away having found other things to do on a Thursday evening. The golden era of the Ipswich speedway is long gone and possibly as a form of entertainment it is now past the sell by date.

• Thanks 1

****Sneaks in*****  I like Chris Harris *****Sneaks out again****

Thinks better of it and sneaks back in again...

I'm not sure what to think, I like Chris, he gave me one of the most exciting nights ever (now now, I mean his win at Cardiff!) but I am not sure the balance is quite right. However,  there have been years where I have thought we would really get somewhere and didn't and other years where I thought we wouldn't and did so my track record is not exactly brilliant.

Personally I think my brain is still stuck on the suddenness of the move up and it is struggling to see past that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although I’ve not been to foxhall for about 4 years and lost touch with the sport over the years I think number one priority is that we have speedway in my home town. We always have had one of the best supported teams home and away BUT also have the most fickle supporters who will moan about anything and everything. The season hasn’t even started yet and the riders who are going to wear the famous witch on their chests are already being slagged off. Get behind the team if it’s at foxhall or on social media etc who knows they might surprise the doubters me personally think we have a team of racers and hopefully if circumstances permit will make it to a few meetings this year.

now waiting to be slagged off myself for my post...........

• Like 1

Don't forget its not always the best teams on paper that win cups....just ask Mildenhall last Season and Ipswich a while back, looked great and then got injured and got nothing...its all to play for !

Sometimes staying un-injured come play offs is all that really matters, and in between hopefully some entertaining matches 

• Like 1

I just can't can't stop thinking that the team sucks. Harris sucks as a number 1, the French bloke will suck at Foxhall, and we have at least 2 of the leagues worst gaters,, which at Foxhall isn't the best thing. Don't see where many heat advantages will come from apart from heat 2.

On a more positive note, a couple of the other teams don't exactly look top class either. 

5 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Has anyone looked at our teams averages then? 0.41 over the limit???

Reduction apllies for Harris Lawson and King

• Like 1

1st meeting of the season 

Away Sat 23rd Challenge match Vs Leicester 

Return leg on Thur 28th March