British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

2 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Be quite sad if Scotty doesn't get a team place in the Prem after his many years of loyal service to British Speedway....

He is a 6.4 point rider, these days. I don't know what money he would need, but if it was in line with his average I can't see why he ain't got a team tbh. With Ippo the Fav's 

• Like 1

Hard to disagree. It’s ok for those to say “use it or lose it” but it has to be a two way thing. They have to provide something worthwhile for the fans to pay their entrance fee and an increased one at that. They can’t expect supporters to just turn up out of blind loyalty. 

I hope I’m wrong, but this very much seems like a team on a par with our last “Elite” league team where fans finally lost patience and voted with their feet. That season nearly killed the club stone dead until we were rescued by the second tier. 

It’s certainly not as good as Peterborough’s team and I suspect, will be nowhere near Lynn’s either. At least Buster has been true to his word, he really does hate us doesn’t he :rolleyes:

We have to give the team a chance of course we do, and the team might actually do OK at home, but looking through the home and away averages, we seem to have collected a group that are absolutely dreadful away from the comforts of their home circuit. 

We’ll get some right batterings on the road. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

I wonder whose choice that was. Confirms who is pulling the management strings. Sad that it has reached this state. A bit like politicians no one will believe what CL and co say ever again. They sold out and let down most witches fans.

I am grateful that the louis have stayed for so long and given us stability in the last 30 years. 

I don’t blame them for selling up as I believe Chris Is hugely frustrated with the small fixture list and short sighted attitude f other promoters. 

How anyone can run a business with just 14 pay days to earn enough to get a yearly wage is beyond me. 

Just hope we have lots of good racing if we cannot have success. 

• Like 2

At least it's now clear who runs the club..... Louis is just the front man! 

To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. At the end of last season we had the prospect of watching the best talent this country has produced in years in Drew Kemp and now we're being served this. 

What a missed opportunity. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I am grateful that the louis have stayed for so long and given us stability in the last 30 years. 

I don’t blame them for selling up as I believe Chris Is hugely frustrated with the small fixture list and short sighted attitude f other promoters. 

How anyone can run a business with just 14 pay days to earn enough to get a yearly wage is beyond me. 

Just hope we have lots of good racing if we cannot have success. 

Good points actually especially the last line. I don’t know much about the Pole but both Louis and Hawkins are convinced he’ll soon be a crowd favourite. We know Harris is entertaining and he WILL be at Foxhall when he’s properly dialled in, and Bellego is entertaining too. King and Heeps we also know can provide good racing around Foxhall so even if the results don’t come, the entertainment will hopefully be there. 

Hopefully that will be enough as at the end of the day, sport is a results business. 

Im not impressed with the strength of the team I have to be honest, but I’ll be there for the first meeting and I’ll see how things go. 

• Like 2

It is not looking great for Ipswich but it's not always who you start with but... Will the owner bring in riders able to make a difference if needed I doubt.  A massive own goal in not bringing Scott Nicholls in, he has not even spoken to Ipswich so it looks like he will start the season without a team and that is really unfortunate. People paying more this year to see a team that really isn't much better than last year and the possibility of getting a few tonkings along the way.  

• Like 2