British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

40 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Don't think so Steve he was awful round monmore.Id go as far to say one of worst poles to ever ride our track got beat by reserves.Think he had 1 good meeting.

Tomasz struggled around wolves always going too wide exiting bend 2. Belle Vue was another dodgy one for him and yet he was absolutely superb around Eastbourne. 

6 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Tomasz struggled around wolves always going too wide exiting bend 2. Belle Vue was another dodgy one for him and yet he was absolutely superb around Eastbourne. 

Which is why I can't class him (as some do) as one of the very best ever.

Certainly up there on tracks that suited.. but for me, the very best rode EVERY track at a very high standard.

That's not a knock on Gollob, one of the most entertaining riders of all time.. just that he's a level below the Nielsens, Rickardssons, Olsens, Maugers etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Notwithstanding any British % reduction the 'final' 2018 averages (according to BSPA website) show the Ippo 2019 signings as:-

Lawson   6.72      (6.55 with reduction)

King          6.52      (6.36      "     "             )

Pieszczek 6.50

Heeps       4.72

Allen          4.56

making 29.02 , ( 28.69) leaving 13.48 (or 13.81) for the last 2.

Heeps rode in the NL for Mildenhall so should also get a 2.5% reduction

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Heeps rode in the NL for Mildenhall so should also get a 2.5% reduction

Cam doesnt (and nor should he) qualify for the reduction

6 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Don't think so Steve he was awful round monmore.Id go as far to say one of worst poles to ever ride our track got beat by reserves.Think he had 1 good meeting.

Be interesting to see his scores then, how many times did he ride Monmore? I can’t remember him struggling after his debut. My mind must be getting fuzzy!

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But he is a British national with a British passport riding on an ACU licence, so why not?

Cant really disagree

You have to have a set of principles and anyone who fits that is entitled

The trouble with trying toweed out an individual is that often you then rule out others you dont intend or want to

I don't see why any rider should get a reduction. They have an average and now you are giving teams an advantage the more British riders you have in a team. With the state of speedway and the cost cutting more teams will opt for home based riders so no need to reduce averages. Also, how do they work out rolling averages with the reductions or do they use existing averages.

7 hours ago, Bash said:

I don't see why any rider should get a reduction. They have an average and now you are giving teams an advantage the more British riders you have in a team. With the state of speedway and the cost cutting more teams will opt for home based riders so no need to reduce averages. Also, how do they work out rolling averages with the reductions or do they use existing averages.

Its only for initial team building

Through the rest of the season standard rolling averages apply