British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

What I don;t understand that is if the Witches can't attract a big hitting number one then surely they have had a look at the budget and put aside a fixed amount for a number one, if they do not have a number one coming to the tapes yet other riders are currently sat on the fence because they have not been offered a great deal then surely the budget is there to snap up these riders even if it means paying more.

Tell me if I am wrong but if the budget is there but not going to be used for its purpose then surely Scott Nicholls can be offered an improved deal, at least that signing will be for an Ipswich lad and would put more bums on seats wanting to see Scott ride Foxhall in his twilight years,  I am sure Tungate won;t be offered anything to start the season in the UK unless it is Ipswich, so you then have a number one potentially on 3rd heat leader/2nd string money... because simply he has to take what is offered or not earn a wage in the UK... so the witches are in a strong position to negotiate not being able to have a number one.

Pretty sure that Guy will want the best for the club and if it means Tungate at this present time due to lack of options then he will be the bigger man and back the decision, then that leaves one rider to fill and perhaps Ty Proctor will be surplus to requirements at Lynn?

Still not the best team but should win 80% of the meetings at Foxhall, I hope that we see new blood buy into the club eventually and take it on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

IF Zagar was offered a good deal worth his while he would ride wherever that was....gullible to think otherwise 

The majority of riders would I’d imagine. Although some riders are more loyal to clubs and vice versa.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

4good signings announced & the 5th is someone I believe can quickly become a fan favourite”

From Ritchie Hawkins Twitter. So we’ve signed a 5th at least..

That’s screaming David Bellego at me for some reason :unsure:

Sounds like Garrity to me. Hope the Witches have a good competitive side, because we haven't got many fixtures next season, & I want all matches to be close & exciting.

Edited by proud panther
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Sounds like Garrity to me. Hope the Witches have a good competitive side, because we haven't got many fixtures next season, & I want all matches to be close & exciting.

Was my first thought as well

To be fair if he stays fit could be an interesting signing

Could mean Zagar too though :P

7 minutes ago, Badge said:

Jansson

Pusakowski

oh to have them again:t:

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Loved a bit of Puz me! He was a great character. 

Every team needs a character or two

Makes such a difference in generating atmosphere

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

no need to gloat on that subject pointless one he will ride for us before anyone FACT you concentrate on putting a championship team out this season :party: 

actually Geoff, foreverblue is a Poole fan:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1