British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Has Chris Louis really got no income other than Ipswich Speedway? Of course he has, a long term international rider...... 

Chris may well have made a well deserved return from his riding days but I would doubt any 'pot of gold' built up would be sufficient to guarantee the tens of thousands per season required to bankroll the speedway club

• Like 1

20 hours ago, semion said:

Buster doesn’t rely on Lynn Speedway  as his source of income.

Ged doesn’t rely on P’Boro Speedway for his source of income 

Chris. At Ipswich Speedway, What is his main source of income ?

Presumably the profits from his engine tuning business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Feel for Ipswich fans. You have been used as cannon fodder to make the numbers up in the Premiership. 

It does look that way unfortunately. I think a few Ipswich fans are hanging on for an international number 1 calibre rider. 

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED| We are pleased to announce there is a new home for Simon Lambert Racing ahead of the new season. http://www.simonlambertracing.com  has been created by Robin Allen Media - who joins the team for 2019.

Not a team place announcement then, don't panic :D

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

Thanks Mungo, that's another lot of income, anyone know of any other biz? 

And you need to know this why?

Whatever Chris 's income streams are, to me it's fairly evident that whilst Chris may draw up a list of riders he would like to ride for witches, it's obviously buster negotiating the terms which presumably is why we are still teamless atm.

Seems Peterborough's got all the spare dosh for their team:unsure:

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know if Baldyman is ok? Hasn’t been seen on here for quite a while and I see he hasn’t tweeted since September either. 

Hope the fella is ok..

Have you checked the user list at the bottom of the page......

10 hours ago, Badge said:

And you need to know this why?

Whatever Chris 's income streams are, to me it's fairly evident that whilst Chris may draw up a list of riders he would like to ride for witches, it's obviously buster negotiating the terms which presumably is why we are still teamless atm.

Seems Peterborough's got all the spare dosh for their team:unsure:

It's all about whether Chris needs to draw a proper wage from the club and so making the club less viable given the wage rumours for riders... my thoughts are he doesn't have to rely on income from the club because he'd been a long term international rider and will have other business income.... 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

It's all about whether Chris needs to draw a proper wage from the club and so making the club less viable given the wage rumours for riders... my thoughts are he doesn't have to rely on income from the club because he'd been a long term international rider and will have other business income.... 

To be honest it doesn't matter if Ipswich speedway is Louis sole income or not. 

That should have been taken into account when buster was looking and the buying the club and the budget to run the club increased to allow Louis to take a full time wage if that is required. 

At the moment it looks like the Ipswich public have been shafted just so that Buster can keep the top flight going. 

Any positives from when the announcement of moving up was made seem long gone. I was feeling positive back in November I mean moving up Louis in charge with financial backing from buster and a great sponsor I felt sure we could attract a couple to decent heat leaders....... Now it appears the finance is so poor that we won't even talk to Nicholls as the terms are embarrassing! 

Our last season in the top flight almost finished the club. 

A combination of top flight politics a weak team which resulted to crowds dropping to dangerously low figures on face value no one seems to have learned from 2010! 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

I find this rather bizarre comment! Why should Chris Louis forgo any remuneration for his efforts in regard to Ipswich irrespective of his possible financial resources.