British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seems like we are a bit dumb here in Suffolk - fancy us keep asking Chris what our team will be

We really shouldve realised that the man to ask is Matt Ford - apparently he has known our 1-7 since early December!!

Now where is his email address.......

Get it right.  My post on the Poole thread said he knew virtually all the teams line-ups.

If you can't read it properly you are simply proving your first statement above to be correct.

Still not long to wait til the New Year for the Witches announcements.......(according to twitter)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Get it right.  My post on the Poole thread said he knew virtually all the teams line-ups.

If you can't read it properly you are simply proving your first statement above to be correct.

Still not long to wait til the New Year for the Witches announcements.......(according to twitter)

Happy Christmas to you too Skidder! :)

March would still be in the new year btw ;)(if you read the statement properly):P

Who would have the higher Average Nikki Pedersen or Greg Hancock? As neither of these will ever ride in the UK again just offer the highest average one a contract then they can withhold their services and we can use guests. 

It's about the only way we stand of being half competitive 

23 hours ago, Icicle said:

Sadly we seem to be writing this team off even before it is fully signed & announced!!

Such is the shock still permeating witches fans I fear. It's evident because, we are not even speculating on a team, such is our lack of confidence in premier league speedway. 

I'm sure Chris will put together a decent team, whether it will compete with the ones already announced, we will see come April. 

The likelihood of Cameron being back doesn't inspire confidence either after his poor 2018 season, but I think we could really do with another signing announcement of some sort fairly soon. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But the Witches have signed at least 2 riders....but for reasons only known to the powers at be... they are being kept to themselves :blink:

I thought that. They had signed “4” but have only named 2. I’m wondering if the other two can’t be announced officially until they’re happy with the top end? 

If things don’t go to plan (which seems likely at present) and they have to change the make up of the side and go strength in depth, then maybe the two signed riders will be told they’re out. 

Huge kick in the balls for those two riders especially this late in the day where they wouldn’t have a chance to get fixed up elsewhere, but it’s the only reason I can think of as to why only 2 were announced and not all 4. 

King and Allen were probably safe announcements and in the team whatever the scenario. 

But where are these top riders who want to ride in the U.K.  ??? 

Scott nicholls hasn’t been approached as allegedly the terms they could offer were so poor they didn’t bother to insult him. 

Tungate has burnt his bridges and the only quality available rider Is iversen and I’m sure he will either return to Lynn or not return to the U.K.

David Bellego is available and I think Lawson is a cert along with Heeps. I’d take Erik Riss but I’m sure buster wants him at Lynn. We could end up with a timo lahti st number 1. 

I just cannot see where we are going to get a decent heat leader from.  

Well I've been thinking long and hard about the move up and I'm still not convinced it's the right thing to do for the Witches and I'm certainly not alone in that opinion. 

The whole concept of 1 owner controlling 3 top flight teams doesn't sit right with me at all at the end of the day . 

I'm sure Mr Chapman has his own agenda and that is predominantly to keep the Premiership in existence, not to necessarily do what's right for Ipswich Speedway ? 

Just seems strange that the only 2 teams left to be completed happen to be 2 of his 3 ??? 

Hopefully he doesn't ruin us and thank heavens Chris has the buy back clause if things don't go according to plan ! (and it's not too late of course) 

I also know previously die hard season ticket holders who would normally have paid their money by now that are holding back till the team is announced purely because they don't want to waste money if we end up doing the same as we did towards the end of our last top flight campaign ! 

If we've signed 4 riders announce them for petes sake, then we at least have some room for speculation on the remaining slots with how many points left to play with. 

Come on, give us something to go with as I for one am not in the least bit enthusiastic at this point, I think a few more out there are seriously interested in seeing what's going to happen to justify the increase in admission costs. 

• Like 2

Having a good side and an out and out number 1 really could put bums on seats. I remember going to compost corner a few years back for sayfutinovs debut for Coventry, buster had to delay the start to let everyone in. However like a lot on here I fear the barrel we are scraping no longer has a bottom!

This is sounding all too reminiscent of Leicester's recent dabble in the top flight. At least your promotors are not telling you whoppers about supposedly having world class stars queueing up to sign (and I don't mean Damien Bates). Hope it turns out better for you and that all of the fears prove to be groundless.

Well I tend to differ,I think that witches will have a top level number1  signed and by news years day everyone will be full of confedence for the 2019 season ,first 2 signings look great so get behind ya team as positives are always better than negetives ,happy team and fans is a fast one that holds the cup at season end!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Well I tend to differ,I think that witches will have a top level number1  signed and by news years day everyone will be full of confedence for the 2019 season ,first 2 signings look great so get behind ya team as positives are always better than negetives ,happy team and fans is a fast one that holds the cup at season end!

Fingers crossed you're right! 

• Like 2