British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

9 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I think alot of us thought that Doyle was coming after the announcement that Ipswich were moving up. 

It's been suggest that money was an issue which should make all Ippo fans worried about being able to attract top line riders.

Given that we have one of the best sponsors assuming that Guy who also sponsors Doyle stays involved and some of the best crowds in the country. 

Are  you saying Doyly    left you in the cart(e)

• Like 1

Thorsell to wolves and Piotr pawlicki to the witches!? :party:

ultimately yes it’s getter harder and harder to envisage a super exciting team and the strength in depth approach is looking more likely but I truly believe Chris is doing everything to put together a competitive team, let’s try to avoid getting to negetive about it all until we see our completed 1-7 take to track in the new year! 

Year on year teams suggested on paper as wooden spoon candidates do the reverse and end up at the sharp end! 

Theres always scope for mid season manoeuvres and let’s face the minute drew kemp becomes eligible for the top flight he’s likely to be brought in - unless everyone is flying!!

all I hope for a is a team that’s entertaining to watch week in week out at Foxhall, any team that can make their home track a fortress will be a long way towards success!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

I think alot of us thought that Doyle was coming after the announcement that Ipswich were moving up. 

It's been suggest that money was an issue which should make all Ippo fans worried about being able to attract top line riders.

Given that we have one of the best sponsors assuming that Guy who also sponsors Doyle stays involved and some of the best crowds in the country. 

To be fair i'm guessing Doyle must be the best paid rider on these shores (and rightly so), be plenty of clubs struggling to meet his demands, Swindon gambling he's worth the extra, no doubt his performances will be up to the required standard, whether it puts enough 'bums on seats' and extra sponsorship into the coffers is the question and presumably Ipswich weren't convinced enough to take that risk.

Edited by The Weasel