British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

I agree with Taps there’s still a long time before the season starts, but having said that, it IS very very quiet from everyone from Louis to Mike Bacon and the local press. 

The team clearly takes more time and is more complicated than a championship septet, but some sort of update from somebody would be nice. 

A few Peterborough supporters were getting a bit impatient also, but at least they’ve now had an update of sorts from Ged. More than we’ve had!

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Patience is a virtue

No racing until April so doesnt matter if the team is named in December or March

I guess I’m just used to knowing the team nice and early and going up to the track to get my season ticket Christmas time so just a bit eager to know the team and start looking ahead to next season!!

• Like 1

It will make a change not to be favourites for the first time in a few years

Will make any success all the sweeter

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Ipswich have always been favourites in the top league - for the wooden spoon :wink:

Time the worm turned :P

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

I guess I’m just used to knowing the team nice and early and going up to the track to get my season ticket Christmas time so just a bit eager to know the team and start looking ahead to next season!!

how many other PL teams have been named though?

CL are naming, but PL are pretty much waiting until EVERYTHING is sorted i would imagine 

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The lack of information is a major worry. If I’d just bought a new club I’d be engaging with my customers and trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the coming season. 

We are seemingly just a pawn on a chessboard waiting to be sacrificed so the king up the road can keep playing on. 

Same with Panthers and Stars seems its Chapman's way or no way

10 hours ago, stevehone said:

how many other PL teams have been named though?

CL are naming, but PL are pretty much waiting until EVERYTHING is sorted i would imagine 

Sounds about right to me, they have to cross the t's and dot the i's before announcing anything... 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The lack of information is a major worry. If I’d just bought a new club I’d be engaging with my customers and trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the coming season. 

We are seemingly just a pawn on a chessboard waiting to be sacrificed so the king up the road can keep playing on. 

Hard to argue with any of that. 

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hard to argue with any of that. 

This has always been my concern although some on other threads would have you believe that Chapman is a Paragon of virtue and benevolence

I do believe buster has the best intentions. But he is alienating the fans. I can’t think of another sport where a arch rival has bought the other arch rivals and it’s flourished. 

Its doomed from the start. Go back 12 months and see how unhappy his own fans were with him.  

Buster himself said he has never liked Ipswich and I give him credit for being honest.  The feeling is mutual and that’s a huge hurdle to overcome.