British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2019

Spl77

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

THJ average from last time he was here was 4.64. He isn’t as good as you think then.

do you think fake low averages dont exist , and every riders average is a true reflection? ...how many matches was that 4.64 based on ... imo a rider of his calibre should be around 6.5/7 in our league

Just now, heathen chemistry said:

do you think fake low averages dont exist , and every riders average is a true reflection? ...how many matches was that 4.64 based on ... imo a rider of his calibre should be around 6.5/7 in our league

He has never achieved that level in the uk whatever you think he should have done, 4.64 is his official rolling average .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heathen chemistry said:

Should? He has never achieved that over here. Some we know are on fake averages. 5 is about what you can expect from him. He has been in downfall for years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

His 2019 GSA is 3.95 so he's not been ripping it up. 

It looks as though his form has tailed off at no 2 .  He would at least be in the points at home for Ipswich I would expect.  Maybe it’s an option we will weigh up if sarjeant flunks

Edited by chun

So the Ipswich team has been agreed by the BSPA. And it's on the offical figures. 

Niels 7.38

Chris 6.83

Richard 6.75

Danny 6.42

Cam 6.26

Jake 5.80

James 3.00

Total 43.13

Thought the team had to be under 42.50?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit.... bspa can't add up. As those 7 riders aves don't equal 43.13. Wonder how many more mistakes are made but not realised.  I've been blocked by BSPA for asking :rofl:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

1 minute ago, Crumpet77 said:

So how has that team been approved ? On the 1/9/19 its still 42.58 although the BSPA clowns make it 42.90 :o

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/p19_issue_23.pdf

Because as of now its 42.44

• Thanks 1

Has James Sarjeant ever achieved a 3 point PL average?

He couldn’t get an average when he did well as a “fast track reserve” and I can’t see that he ever achieved a 3 point average after; he’s always been allocated the 3 point minimum.

First half of the season was great. Fresh teams, fresh faces smoothly run meetings with no/few falls and an early finish with closer racing plus of course a team that was riding above itself. But now I am unsure which league will be the better but you would assume there will be radical changes to the structure (as every year :))

42 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So fellow fans, would you like to stay put in this league, or move back down?  With only 6 different teams visiting it has been a bit of the same.   

For me I’d want to 100% stay in the top league. The standard of racing far better and the gulf in class between the top of teams and reserves makes for much better entertainment and close racing imo in premiership than championship.

Foxhall is a tricky track with the grip and how tight you turn - not conducive to 2.00 national league wobblers imo, whereas is the likes of say a James sarjeant pops out a heat leader could conceivably race closely and team ride with him at this level with his skill set.

id like to see a few more riders back next season, if for example Niels and or maybe zagar could be tempted, Chris holder has expressed a desire to ride here again next season that should make for a more even spread of top boys for everyone.

we should have the whole winter for team building rather than be on the back foot making a late decision to change leagues so hopefully be able to grab some better top end firepower!

would like to see Heeps, Allen and KP back from this years team. Niels would be fantastic too and then see, Poole and Swindon aren’t going to be able to keep all of their top end strength especially if holder senior is on the way back to Poole so should be a bit of a move around the league and riders available.

all if buts and maybes I know but regardless I enjoy watching better riders personally. I also think we have to include drew kemp at 7 next season which will allow for more points at the top of building

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

For me I’d want to 100% stay in the top league. The standard of racing far better and the gulf in class between the top of teams and reserves makes for much better entertainment and close racing imo in premiership than championship.

Foxhall is a tricky track with the grip and how tight you turn - not conducive to 2.00 national league wobblers imo, whereas is the likes of say a James sarjeant pops out a heat leader could conceivably race closely and team ride with him at this level with his skill set.

id like to see a few more riders back next season, if for example Niels and or maybe zagar could be tempted, Chris holder has expressed a desire to ride here again next season that should make for a more even spread of top boys for everyone.

we should have the whole winter for team building rather than be on the back foot making a late decision to change leagues so hopefully be able to grab some better top end firepower!

would like to see Heeps, Allen and KP back from this years team. Niels would be fantastic too and then see, Poole and Swindon aren’t going to be able to keep all of their top end strength especially if holder senior is on the way back to Poole so should be a bit of a move around the league and riders available.

all if buts and maybes I know but regardless I enjoy watching better riders personally. I also think we have to include drew kemp at 7 next season which will allow for more points at the top of building

What about more teams?  Could do with a few more, but don't see where they would come form, and can't see panthers staying up, I think Buster has already reported big loses. 

• Like 1