British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Unlikely as Buster seems to now be in total control, sod the fans it is my money is the watchword. If they are good I may let them in  if  they pay what I want

If what you say is true. Buster is going to go bust, taking on 3 teams to try and keep the Prem going , while had a good thing going with his King's Lynn !! Tell me how he is going to make money after buying 2 more clubs at this time in speedway when it's on it's arse and loosing money?

Right or wrong he is trying to save the Prem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If what you say is true. Buster is going to go bust, taking on 3 teams to try and keep the Prem going , while had a good thing going with his King's Lynn !! Tell me how he is going to make money after buying 2 more clubs at this time in speedway when it's on it's arse and loosing money?

Right or wrong he is trying to save the Prem.

If that is what you think  I hope truly that you are correct. God works in mysterious ways and the ways of Buster are even more mysterious

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

If that is what you think  I hope truly that you are correct. God works in mysterious ways and the ways of Buster are even more mysterious

I think Buster is trying to save the Prem. I don't think that can be questioned.. Why i'm not so sure. I think it is delaying the inevitable of 1 league for 2020 .

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Garrity's form around the showground is not that great I think I've seen him have more falls than race wins, I think we would not be in a position to use Tungate as his average is 0.01 over what we have left to use up . I believe there is still a lot of unrest behind the scenes we are not getting to know about  especially with Carl Johnson trying to gee supporters up with his rallying call to to boost  morals and talk of an exciting replacement rider for Chris Harris. I just wonder what Ged's honest thoughts are  at the moment , rumour has it he may just walk away and wash his hands of it all

I presume you meant "morale" rather than "morals" !!!

Or maybe not ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Not if Buster buys them all - just in time to "save" them. He will be like the Captain of the Titanic and Go Down with His Ship. He is very single-minded. And that is a compliment.

Well he wont be buying us, thats for sure ..

"it is understood the futures of Rathbone and co-promoter Neil Watson are in the balance. Rathbone and team manager Carl Johnson have refused to comment on the Harris situation while owner Chapman is currently overseas. But the Peterborough Telegraph have been promised a no-holds-barred interview with him upon his return to the UK next month"

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers/peterborough-panthers-to-host-reigning-champions-in-opening-league-fixture-1-8786489

38 minutes ago, Noodles said:

"it is understood the futures of Rathbone and co-promoter Neil Watson are in the balance. Rathbone and team manager Carl Johnson have refused to comment on the Harris situation while owner Chapman is currently overseas. But the Peterborough Telegraph have been promised a no-holds-barred interview with him upon his return to the UK next month"

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers/peterborough-panthers-to-host-reigning-champions-in-opening-league-fixture-1-8786489

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Championship Fours back at Peterborough

Home track advantage 

Oh wait a minute Peterborough wont be in it to defend there title.

No mention that Chris Harris will be riding in it representing Somerset then , yet there are other ex Panthers named , Maybe Chapman thinks he will be too expensive.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Dickie Head said:

How true is it that the BSPA committee are currently refusing to ratify our proposed line up? Honest question arising from pit comments at Undera yesterday. Perhaps Neil Watson could comment please.

Should have substituted committee for chairman.

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, wealdstone said:

Well the more clubs he owns, the more money is set to loose if you believe that clubs are loosing money. He's a business man at the end of the day, with a good thing going at  the AFA.

I think he has short term ownership in mind for his 2 new clubs. With the idea of keeping the Prem going, rightly or wrongly in 2019, and take stock at the end of the season.

Lynn got neglected a bit when he became chairman. God knows what it will be like now :blink:.

But as you say, it's Buster we are talking about.