British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Excuse my ignorance but who would decide as to whom is eligible for the 2.5% discount? Could the other 4 promoters have ganged up, said Harris rode 3rd tier too long ago?

Peterborough website stated the reason was economics and no talk of averages mentioned. Cost cutting was the reason quoted. Nothing else .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Shock horror Harris signs for Ipswich.  So it wasn't financial at all then.......

Tungate or NKI to Panthers then 

We now know why Harris keeped quiet when sacked by panthers, keep it zipped & you can go to Foxhall OR NO premier slot for 2019! 

Looks like Tungate flatly refused to return to Ippo, rider control 1960s style has returned to Speedway GB via Buster "C". That's "C" for control? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

We now know why Harris keeped quiet when sacked by panthers, keep it zipped & you can go to Foxhall OR NO premier slot for 2019! 

Looks like Tungate flatly refused to return to Ippo, rider control 1960s style has returned to Speedway GB via Buster "C". That's "C" for control? 

He didn't keep quiet, he made a statement about it on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

You of course assume he was sacked!!!!

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Is it possible the averages didn't add up and some riders didn't get the rider average discount they were expecting.

The team was publicised as subject to BSPA approval so if that was the case then it'd be easy enough to say as such and fans would have understood as long as it wasn't via a made up ruling. It was communicated for financial reasons and the BSPA as a whole do not control individual team budgets as far as I'm aware.

42 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I would have rather stayed in the championship without the dictator being involved. BSPA chairman running 3 out of the 7 league teams , how can that be justified.

If it's short term (ie. for 2019 with a view to lessen Chapman's club influence after) to keep the top league going and keep the profile of the sport up via BT then I think that it can be justified. It may or may not work but I can't see the harm in trying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jimg said:

Karl said exciting rider,  Garitty? to me, is type of rider fits that description more than,  Tungate or Nichols

jimg

No thanks , i'd much rather see him riding for opposition and I wouldn't be at all happy for him to be a replacement for Harris. I don't think I would be alone on that either.