British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

If Buster has given each team a budget to work to then that's how it is,go over that then you have to make a saving somewhere.In this case it's Harris.Whether it comes from the same pot is irrelevant,many people,companies work like this.

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Harris decides hes not going to ride for Buster now at either of the other two teams he owns if its the case of moving him around to even things up,  then this would mean that theres now two of his teams looking for a possible number one so he could of in effect made his job twice as hard now

King's Lynn have their number one:t:

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wouldnt pay enough for me and my skills :lol:

I'd take up any offer to be honest because looking at your assumptions I think joining the PDC is off the menu, you'd allegedly miss the board :D

• Haha 1

As far as I am aware we haven't heard anything from Chris Harris himself, normally he is not shy in coming forward with his views and giving the circumstances he has found himself in you would think he would've taken to social media. Maybe he`s been tipped the wink that he is being picked up by either Ipswich or Kings Lynn.

4 hours ago, Haza said:

It absolutely stinks if Harris ends up at either Lynn or Ipswich if he does this is the precise reason why one man shouldn’t effectively own 3 clubs in a 7 team league . If he was was to end up at either club it’s another nail in Speedway’s credibility coffin . 

It wasn't the preferred option though to own 3 clubs but it was needed to save the league. So credit for that but the situation came about under his watch, which is another issue unless you think the sport was already in self destruct when he took the big chair? The big mess created is that he has to be hands off and each club needs to be seen to be equal and make their own decisions and any differences must not have the hand of Chapman. Given that our sport would struggle to hold a drinking competition in a brewery then that's an impossible circle to square!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

3 separate clubs 3 separate pots

Its not like the Dingles on Emmerdale where theres a pot on the mantlepiece with everyone putting tenners in and out! :)

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms. 

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms. 

But the controller of 1 of the little pots doesnt have full access to the big pot or either of the other smaller pots.....

Just now, Skidder1 said:

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

Very strange. Do not believe Harris would have taken this lying down if there was not something else behind it

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

Good luck with that. As with all speedway press, concentrate on what it doesn't say. For the majority of the time the PR is accurate but when something creates a stink then there's usually a reason for that and the reality is rarely as reported.

That's just my strategy and I'm not saying that it applies here.

You have to remember what was rumoured weeks ago (rubbished by Watson). All rider's were made aware that team changes may have to be made if the club ISN'T sold. With it announced that Buster is officially the new owner then the club HASN'T been sold as such so rider's have to go, so to fit the budget Buster set from the start.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If thats the case Peterborough maybe losing another rider soon who might not wont to ride for Busters rates. 

Maybe Harris is the only rider to refuse the pay structure. He did sulk in the Speedway Star bumper edition about he'll only ride for so much or he'll quit the sport, running on about how the sport owes him a living.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

Im surprised you didnt go for the pic'n'mix analogy :P