British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

To Ipswich? 

It absolutely stinks if Harris ends up at either Lynn or Ipswich if he does this is the precise reason why one man shouldn’t effectively own 3 clubs in a 7 team league . If he was was to end up at either club it’s another nail in Speedway’s credibility coffin . 

• Like 5

So Buster says On the money he is getting at Boro is too expensive.

Now he has Harris by the short and curlies.  This is what is on the table for Harris, take it or leave it.  

This is Speedway nearest thing to price fixing.

Harris has a choice to make.  Take it or leave it.  His call.

Get the feeling Buster is using Harris as an example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, semion said:

Now he has Harris by the short and curlies.  This is what is on the table for Harris, take it or leave it.  

Oh Yes He Is! In the pantomime of UK speedway - which is what it has become. Buster will continue to ensure that a contract is not worth the paper it was written on. Was there one, in fact, a contract? Definitely making an example of a rider who dares to do an Oliver! Who did Harris make the deal with and was that person really in charge of Pboro? Oh No He Wasn't. Ipswich next to feel the wrath of the Main Man?

7 hours ago, Bailays Hat said:

This stinks of corruption. 

For me many of the posts reacting to this are reading far too much into it re 'corruption' and 'control'

Just because it is only announced now it doesnt mean its just blown up in the last few days

It may now look like Buster is trying to move the pieces due to Ipswich not having found a top end when infact the issue was known right from the outset and unrelated

• Like 2

2 hours ago, semion said:

Isn't this what most fans wanted,a cheaper sport?It seems that in a small way it could start with the Harris debacle but certain fans which want a cheaper sport will still have moan about it.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is just simply a move for Harris from Peterborough to Ipswich to 'even up' the teams slightly. Will be interesting to see what Harris has to say about it. However, should Peterborough sign Tungate I can't see them being much worse off with Harris on the wane, no matter what people say. 

It just shows the clear issues presenting themselves with Buster owning three clubs in the same league. Buster received praise for buying two different clubs to keep the league going and I believe that is correct. However, it's clear already it is going to make a mockery of the sport and sadly, there is only one way the sport is going in this country. The way senior figures in the sport try to suggest that is incorrect, is purely self interest.

As a supporter, issues like this really do make me consider paying money to watch this sport live in the UK. I have developed a stronger passion for the sport over the last four/five years but the issues of last season and then things like this have made me seriously consider. I do feel for Peterborough season ticket holders who which seeing Harris in the side would've clearly been a big draw to buying one. 

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For me many of the posts reacting to this are reading far too much into it re 'corruption' and 'control'

Just because it is only announced now it doesnt mean its just blown up in the last few days

It may now look like Buster is trying to move the pieces due to Ipswich not having found a top end when infact the issue was known right from the outset and unrelated

There must be a communications and diplomacy post going at the BSPA. You must be looking for working examples to copy into your CV :)

• Like 3

For all we know Ged had control of team building and Buster seemingly giving him a budget to work too.Couldn't Ged have gone over his budget and Buster then said no you have to release someone.Just looking at the other side of the coin.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

There must be a communications and diplomacy post going at the BSPA. You must be looking for working examples to copy into your CV :)

Wouldnt pay enough for me and my skills :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not the lies it's the untold truths that are being withheld from supporters . Speedway promoters are like a cross between politicians and dodgy secondhand car dealers .

Its a little unfair to expect each and every decision to be explained on here

There should I agree though be more clear and consistent information centrally re the fundamentals

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So let me get this right - Buster can't afford Harris at Peterborough but is now being rumoured he is off to either Lynn or Ipswich... clubs also owned and paid for by Buster? The logic in that.....

Now it could and I emphasise the could be that Peterborough went above budget, riders were asked to take a wage reduction, they agreed except for one. That one had to go. 

He then has a choice, no team place or a team place on lesser wages.

pure speculation but it's as valid a theory as many others on this thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So let me get this right - Buster can't afford Harris at Peterborough but is now being rumoured he is off to either Lynn or Ipswich... clubs also owned and paid for by Buster? The logic in that.....

Lynn have their No1 tied up so your logic is sound if he goes there

Ipswich still have their premium No1 budget available.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lynn have their No1 tied up so your logic is sound if he goes there

Ipswich still have their premium No1 budget available.......

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

PROBABLY because neither KL nor Ipswich also have Andersen and Cook on their books. Have no idea of what sort of money is involved but, leaving personalities aside,  better for Peterborough to cut their cloth accordingly and run in 2020 than go bust during 2019.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

3 separate clubs 3 separate pots

Its not like the Dingles on Emmerdale where theres a pot on the mantlepiece with everyone putting tenners in and out! :)

• Like 1

If Harris decides hes not going to ride for Buster now at either of the other two teams he owns if its the case of moving him around to even things up,  then this would mean that theres now two of his teams looking for a possible number one so he could of in effect made his job twice as hard now