British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Wasn't expecting much and you didn't disappoint :icon_smile_clown:

why are you making my P/Boro, which is obviously a shortening of Peterborough into a silly slanging match.:sad:

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hyderd said:

why are you making my P/Bora, which is obviously a shortening of Peterborough into a silly slanging match.:sad:

I refer you to the two previous answers from my learned colleagues.

40 minutes ago, hyderd said:

why are you making my P/Bora, which is obviously a shortening of Peterborough into a silly slanging match.:sad:

Peterborough is not a town it has a cathedral which makes it a genuine city. E/land  sounds more like the Leeds area.

Edited by New era Panthers

4 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Try P/Boro, he might accept that  :D

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Should of said Pboro or Peterboro the more common shortening of Peterborough in these here parts of E/Land

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I refer you to the two previous answers from my learned colleagues.

thank you all for the lesson of Peterborough slang, but as I'm a northern lad the (A) just slipped out.

If PE7Panther is reading this, there is a clue in here for you. ;)

On 1/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, hyderd said:

why are you making my P/Boro, which is obviously a shortening of Peterborough into a silly slanging match.:sad:

On 1/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, BluPanther said:

Try P/Boro, he might accept that  :D

On 1/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, scoobydoo said:

Should of said Pboro or Peterboro the more common shortening of Peterborough in these here parts of E/Land

Well here in this part of East Anglia several of us witches fans refer to them as "Peatbog horrors " or shortened to "horrors ". You are welcome to adopt that nickname should you wish :lol:

In case you are wondering why, in years gone by the track used to resemble to ploughed field when we rode there.:shock:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Badge said:

Well here in this part of East Anglia several of us witches fans refer to them as "Peatbog horrors " or shortened to "horrors ". You are welcome to adopt that nickname should you wish :lol:

In case you are wondering why, in years gone by the track used to resemble to ploughed field when we rode there.:shock:

That was partly because it messed Chris Louis up !!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

That jobs now been passed to Buster Chapman !!! 

He may have a go at that with Boro too yet......:)

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He may have a go at that with Boro too yet......:)

Buster is known as the Tonka King at Lynn so you should hope that he does not do the track for Pboro. There will be far more tractor racing than speedway racing if he gets the Big Toys out during a match.

41 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Buster is known as the Tonka King at Lynn so you should hope that he does not do the track for Pboro. There will be far more tractor racing than speedway racing if he gets the Big Toys out during a match.

Fortunately he can't be at all 3 tracks on a Thursday night :t:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

We're used to that (well some of us). When Frost was in charge we regularly had two tractors going round. It's not a problem if the meeting is run efficiently and it does away with the interval because it provides a natural break (in fact 4 or more) for people to sort themselves out. Problem being at that time was that neither of those things happened and tractor racing was just another gripe to add to the list when it didn't need to be.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, Dickie Head said:

How true is it that the BSPA committee are currently refusing to ratify our proposed line up? Honest question arising from pit comments at Undera yesterday. Perhaps Neil Watson could comment please.

Could this be to do with the reductions for British riders

Speedway Star today quotes that Ipswich have 13.48 points available for the final 2 signings

For this to be correct it would mean King and Lawson DO NOT get the reduction

So either the Speedway Star is wrong or the goalposts have moved which impacts some completed teams.......

Again a lack of transparency leaves fans in the dark

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Could this be to do with the reductions for British riders

Speedway Star today quotes that Ipswich have 13.48 points available for the final 2 signings

For this to be correct it would mean King and Lawson DO NOT get the reduction

So either the Speedway Star is wrong or the goalposts have moved which impacts some completed teams.......

Again a lack of transparency leaves fans in the dark

Neil Watson refuted that post on an earlier page - do you still stand by that post Neil in view of this latest article in the Speedway Star? 

48 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Here we go again bring in a reduction for so called qualifying riders wait until the teams are formed and riders announced then change it again,  no wonder paying customers are disappearing from british speedway. 

Transparency and stickabilty, not usually attributes of our sport so we await Neil's speedy response.

• Like 1