Robert Lambert.

Kenneth Bjerre

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

NKI

Tobias Museliak 

Brady Kurtz

Jack Holder

I can go on if you wish. All those are either currently better or will become better.

As for Bjerre, your statement simply isn’t true. Have a look at scores in the play offs for bv in 17 and compare to cook. Nice little example for you there.

The majority of those have averages lower than Peterborough’s top 3 so not sure you’ve made your point there? Have a look at Bjerre in the playoffs for Peterborough. One good performance for BV in a playoff doesn’t prove your point. Ask panthers fans how many of them were left disappointed with his efforts in the play offs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, acef said:

Max Fricke.

Robert Lambert.

Kenneth Bjerre

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

NKI

Tobias Museliak 

Brady Kurtz

Jack Holder

I can go on if you wish. All those are either currently better or will become better.

As for Bjerre, your statement simply isn’t true. Have a look at scores in the play offs for bv in 17 and compare to cook. Nice little example for you there.

Bjerre  has a 7.02 average for one reason . I would also point out that Leicester didn't value him that highly by dumping him mid season in 2018.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sully said:

The majority of those have averages lower than Peterborough’s top 3 so not sure you’ve made your point there? Have a look at Bjerre in the playoffs for Peterborough. One good performance for BV in a playoff doesn’t prove your point. Ask panthers fans how many of them were left disappointed with his efforts in the play offs. 

Horses for courses. Bjerre has always been a very good rider for BV. How he rides for other clubs isn’t comparable. He seems very much at home at BV, and the majority of fans will vouch for what I’m about to say. He is a proper number 1 for us. He was the only one who got anywhere near Lindgren when he was knocking out a tune. Often beating him infact.

Some of those mentioned riders have slightly lower averages but they are all improving. In Andersen/Harris you have riders that are well seasoned but who are on the decline. Cook is just cook. He will have about a 7 to 8 point average.

Give me a HL trio of Holder/Kurtz and Fricke any day over Peterborough’s. 

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Bjerre  has a 7.02 average for one reason . I would also point out that Leicester didn't value him that highly by dumping him mid season in 2018.

See my above post 

He was also having a poor season and was basically about to drop Britain. He wasn’t coming to the Uk this season until bv picked up the phone.

like I said, horses for courses. Everything just seems to work for him at the nss and when he pulls on a bv race jacket

Edited by acef

10 minutes ago, acef said:

Give me a HL trio of Holder/Kurtz and Fricke any day over Peterborough’s. 

Maybe but no one is going to be getting that trio so a bit pointless arguing it really? My point is which other team has a better top 3 with plenty of scope for a solid bottom end. You could also argue Harris and Hans May enjoy things a little more at a decent race track like Peterborough so may well add to their averages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Maybe but no one is going to be getting that trio so a bit pointless arguing it really? My point is which other team has a better top 3 with plenty of scope for a solid bottom end. You could also argue Harris and Hans May enjoy things a little more at a decent race track like Peterborough so may well add to their averages. 

In the right environment you could well be right.

As it stands I think BV, Swindon, Wolves and Kings lynn (assuming the predictions are correct) have a better HL combination than Peterborough.

I’ll always favour youth and riders who are developing, and getting onto the next level or are at least maintaining a level at number 1.

For me Peterborough don’t tick any of those boxes but I guess time will tell.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

In the right environment you could well be right.

As it stands I think BV, Swindon, Wolves and Kings lynn (assuming the predictions are correct) have a better HL combination than Peterborough.

I’ll always favour youth and riders who are developing, and getting onto the next level or are at least maintaining a level at number 1.

For me Peterborough don’t tick any of those boxes but I guess time will tell.

That’s the beauty of sport. We can all have opinions but nothing is ever guaranteed. 

Craig had a poor season in 2018 by his standards but towards the end of the season, immediately prior to his injury, he was back to his best. I am very sorry to see Craig go but think that Bjerre will probably, at the least, replicate his scoring. In my opinion Craig never fully got to grips with the NSS, he was our fourth best rider at home but within 0.01 of a point of being our best rider away.

I certainly don't see Craig as a 3rd heat leader but equally not as an out and out number one. However, if he is at his best and the Peterborough track suits him he will undoubtedly improve his current average. I hope he does well.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TBC said:

I hear another rider is not coming to the show ground next year because of the restrictions in the contract

Not allowing  a rider to have his own personal sponsors on his bike covers is wrong 

I just hope Buster enjoys his big kickback from the BT deal

Who’s that then?

6 hours ago, TBC said:

I hear another rider is not coming to the show ground next year because of the restrictions in the contract

Not allowing  a rider to have his own personal sponsors on his bike covers is wrong 

I just hope Buster enjoys his big kickback from the BT deal

It would be nice if you can fill us in with a bit more detail as I don't like half a story. Or are you sworn to secrecy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It would be nice if you can fill us in with a bit more detail as I don't like half a story. Or are you sworn to secrecy

My thoughts exactly. 

It is possible, of course - this is flippin' speedway after all :rolleyes: - but surely any contract glitches like this would have arisen and been sorted out before Ged was telling us that he's got all 7 riders.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

My thoughts exactly. 

It is possible, of course - this is flippin' speedway after all :rolleyes: - but surely any contract glitches like this would have arisen and been sorted out before Ged was telling us that he's got all 7 riders.   

Robert Lambert was mentioned, but it's probably just unfounded rumours anyway...

17 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

TBC is trolling. I listened to Ged on the radio on Friday he said signing announcement on Monday and another on Thursday and then the same again the week after to keep fans guessing the 1-7. That should tell you everything is fine with the signed riders. 

No sorry I am not trolling, I like Ged, but like all promotors his public comments are not always accurate, at the time of that interview 1 if not more of the riders had not signed a contract. 

18 minutes ago, TBC said:

No sorry I am not trolling, I like Ged, but like all promotors his public comments are not always accurate, at the time of that interview 1 if not more of the riders had not signed a contract. 

Sounds like a wind up to me as you can't even name who is involved so will just have to dismiss it as idle gossip.

• Like 1