British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Is it really in Buster’s interest to build a power house team at any of his 3 venue’s? Surely he wants close exciting meetings.   No good having a strong team at Boro and packing the place if no sod turns up at Foxhall or Saddlebow.

i would suggest he wants 3 evenly balanced sides 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, semion said:

Is it really in Buster’s interest to build a power house team at any of his 3 venue’s? Surely he wants close exciting meetings.   No good having a strong team at Boro and packing the place if no sod turns up at Foxhall or Saddlebow.

i would suggest he wants 3 evenly balanced sides 

In reality I would hope and expect you are correct in that assumption - it just doesnt feel that way at the moment

When all the 1-7s are complete we will be able to properly judge the situation

Until then a little banter doesnt hurt.....:)

49 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Still think that any sponsors money makes up the difference. 

Buster couldnt turn around and say i will share it out evenly across the three teams he would obviously risk losing it otherwise

Wonder if we are to continue to be known as the T-Balfe Panthers - does anyone know? 

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Wonder if we are to continue to be known as the T-Balfe Panthers - does anyone know? 

Not heard anything about sponsorship at all, not sure when the two year deal is up and even more uncertain of it's continuation now that we have new owners of the club and what effects it will have , but I would hope they are willing to carry on with there excellent support that they have already given to the club as it is valued highly for there help. Regardless which ever way they choose to go , I think we should thank them for the way they have supported the club in there quest to lay foundations for the clubs future.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Really never got the hype about Buzz. Seems a tall scorer in Poland on a regular basis but has been no better than a 3rd heat leader here and a poor traveler.

Never shown a huge interest in riding here so would be surprised to see him named.

You would if you saw him regularly at the Showground brum, absolutely brilliant there. Away form was always a bit suspect though, mainly on the tight tricky tracks ...

• Like 3

Just now, stevebrum said:

Really never got the hype about Buzz. Seems a tall scorer in Poland on a regular basis but has been no better than a 3rd heat leader here and a poor traveler.

Never shown a huge interest in riding here so would be surprised to see him named.

I think most Panthers fans would love to see Buzz again at the EoES; he's a very exciting rider around our track.

Third heat-leader - or lower - is what he'd be anyway (Harris, Hans....) but I agree that (i) he was never quite so hot at away meetings, and (ii) it's unlikely he'll be back at Panthers next season.   

6 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

So I'm guessing if the Brits get a 2.5% reduction, we could be looking at:

Harris 7.58

Wright 5.14

Bjerre 7.03

Cook 7.53

Hans 7.38

Shanes 3.24

Barker 4.58

Could have a reserve upto 3.26, Shanes seems a good fit, rides the track well, but sure will have a lot of offers!

That would be an great team.  Untouchable at the showground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy15 said:

Welcome back to Peterborough Hans Andersen.

I am pleased Hans back at Peterborough. It should be remembered however that whilst Hans was shafted by Colin Horton,  Ric Frost  paid Hans  all that was owed by the club but Anderson still could not wait to leave.                         

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Ged said Andersen took no persuading to return to Peterborough. 'Yes please where do I sign'

Panthers have a full 1-7 signed and they have got everyone they want. Another signing announcement on Monday and another on Thursday.

Panthers will do the same the week after with signing announcements to keep the fans guessing who will line-up for them in 2019.

So  there is a Father Christmas!!! Or is it Buster with the costume ,