British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Could use him to guest in a couple (not all 3) of the upcoming home meetings in August - but not sure what this has to do with this Peterborough thread?!

Well only one,unless you intend on using him when he is suppose to be riding for Wolves:wink:

On 7/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, BlackPanther said:

I don't want to keep repeating myself. Just fed up of seeing excuses for Buster's actions. 

Fair point. I don't think many of those excuses are coming from Panthers fans though. If they are then have a go by all means. I'd tend to ignore our 6 fingered friends from down the A47 or anyone on a broomstick flying down the A14.

Oh, and just unignored based on your reply :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Surely some of the Peterborough riders are underperforming? You have lost your inspirational number one and guests have not top scored for you?

It's a team full of cast offs that no one else wanted, only Charles Wright remains from the original team. No one is surprised this team is nailed on for the wooden spoon ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, maneacat said:

So maybe a newcomer could have been forgiven for buying the club moving it up a league and giving us false hopes but someone who is a long time Club Owner already not to mention BSPA Chairman should have done his homework and know better - proof he is totally delusional!  

PS.  Whatever happened to his son?   Didn’t he fall out with him as well?  

Anyone taking over the running of Peterborough Speedway always had the difficult issues with the showground owners who seem set in there ways with regards to the speedway,  talking nice to them didnt work for RF or GR they both still faced problems with them as well , so the situation ultimately ends with the showground management reverting to the term next please..

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Surely some of the Peterborough riders are underperforming? You have lost your inspirational number one and guests have not top scored for you?

Very true got to say im unsure if any of those who have ridden for Peterborough this season would be asked back by a new owner,  Wright & Andersen maybe perhaps BWD (who seems to be the new Sullivan with shoulder issues) but even Wright has only had i think a few double figure meetings for Peterborough. 

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Anyone taking over the running of Peterborough Speedway always had the difficult issues with the showground owners who seem set in there ways with regards to the speedway,  talking nice to them didnt work for RF or GR they both still faced problems with them as well , so the situation ultimately ends with the showground management reverting to the term next please.. 

I can’t speak for Rick Frost, but during Ged’s time as Club Owner there were no ‘problems’ with the Showground.  We had an excellent working relationship with our Landlords - while we couldn’t always have the dates we wanted, we accepted that we weren’t the only tenants and the Showground management had the final say over stadium usage. In return they were always as flexible as they could be, recognising that we had fixtures to fulfil, and the Club’s many successes in 2015-18 meant that numerous extra fixtures had to be fitted in and we were always able to do that without difficulty.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

4th, 9th & 19th Sept are the dates being mentioned i believe,  question is will it the last three matches of this season or for ever

Theres always a silver lining then - you are sure to go unbeaten at home for at least 5 weeks - that will be the best run of the year ;)

Although i am not a Peterborough fan i have been annoyed at the way they seem to be down the pecking order when it comes to dates they have or more to the point they do not have the track available to them.

Edited by craigACE